Raspberry Ice Pops – For an Ice Cream Social!!

Raspberry pops

Do you think I’m social?  Well I’m not.  I’m the most boring homebody you could every find.  Much to my husband’s disappointment, I don’t go out much.  I’m not a big party person.  As a matter of fact, I once spent about an hour at a party telling some acquaintance how much I preferred to stay home, I’m sure he would have preferred I stayed home too!

That’s why blogging is perfect for me.  I can go to virtual parties.  I don’t have to put on my make-up, change my shoes, or worry about making small talk.

So, a blogging Ice Cream Social —- I am sooo going to attend.  Any excuse to make a frozen treat and see what other delicious frozen goodies others have made is perfect!   This ice cream social is at Kitchen Bouquet  and it’s this weekend!!

This year, I went simple.  Really, really simple.  I found this recipe (and it’s not really a recipe) in Pops!by Krystina Castella.

Raspberry Soda

The idea is that you take any flavored soda that you like.  Pour it into a container and let sit for 5 minutes to let the bubble dissipate.  Then pour it and some matching fresh fruit into your pop molds.  Freeze.  Eat.  So, when Whole Foods had some fresh raspberries on sale, I immediately ran to the beverage aisle and found some raspberry soda.  It doesn’t get any easy then this, people.

And this is also for

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

I found that hilarious….that your a boring homebody. Because I am too. Thats why i blog. I can pretend I’m social.

btw I ordered the camera bag that you have in the same colour that you have. Cant wait!

Nice pops :)

I cannot believe it’s as simple as soda in a pop mold. Crazy.

I’m like you…I’d much rather go to blogger parties than insano crazy real life parties.

Your post makes me laugh! My husband is way more social than I am. I love to go to parties but am not big into “chatting” with the neighbors!

These pop are perfect for a these hot summer days.

That popsicle would be perfect right now.

My secret to big parties is have at least 1 person you can roll your eyes to across the room…or sneak out the back with! :)

So you’re a webtrovert! Yeah, I’m an extrovert in real life, which is one of the reasons my blog has slowed down so much the last two years. Hey, so I put some of these ice pop molds in my Amazon shopping cart after seeing them on your blog, but haven’t checked out yet. Your raspberry pops are lovely and look so refreshing! What am I waiting for?

Fortunately, I just happen to have “some” raspberries. Ok, A LOT of raspberries.
    Thanks for a great idea. I have to go find some raspberry soda.

What a great and easy idea!

I’m a boring homebody, too. People tell me my house is wonderful, and I could host giant parties, and I always wonder, “Why? So I can be bored by the attendees and then have giant messes to clean up afterward?”

Oh good grief. We are so much alike we could be twins except you’re younger and prettier! I’m with the Big Guy at his 40th high school reunion right now in Pendleton, Oregon …I married a much older man (just kidding) and my life has been saved because we can’t find a sitter for the dog so I have to stay in the hotel with him. I’m so darn happy!!! Is that bad or what? By the way, the raspberry pops look fab!

Looks perfect for this hot weather and for your ice cream social.
    P.S. I can’t imagine when you would have time to go to parties with all you do at home!

I’m so glad I could oblige you with a virtual “social”! :-) In my mind I’m an extrovert but I have very few opportunities to show it lol. I used to freeze coke all of the time so I guess the addition of fruit makes it a bit more grown up! Great idea and thanks for coming to the social. Put it on your social calendar! Tee Hee!