Everyday Fruit Salad

Fruit salad

I installed a calorie app on my phone.  This has resulted in a lot of changes.  A lot of negotiating.  After a particularly bad day, I don’t do stressful eating anymore, I hoard and save up my calories so that in the evening I have 160 of them left.  That’s for my gin and tonic.  A necessity.

The other thing I’ve learned.  You can eat lots of fruit and vegetables.  Lots.

Instead of dessert, I’ve been making fruit salads.  It’s fun.  And colorful.  And it doesn’t take many calories.  I need to save them, you know.

fruit salad

The key to the fruit salads (well besides the fruit) is this fabulous dressing.  I make a jar of it at the beginning of the week and just drizzle a little on the fruit.

Fruit Salad Dressing

• 2 tablespoons agave nectar
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • Juice of one lime

Mix in a jar.  Drizzle a spoonful over your fruit salad.  Enjoy.

This will be my entry for Souper Sundays (Soup, Salad, or Sammie) hosted by Deb at Kahakai Kitchen.

Comments

Your fruit salad is gorgeous Pam. Love both presentations. We eat a lot of fruit too. It’s so good for you. And I can’t live without my wine, so cheers. Here’s to fruit salads and 5 o’clock.
    Sam

Looks gorgeous. I have to work hard to remember to eat fruit (I’m not a sweets eater) but I do love kiwi so this works for me!

Great photos, once again! When Hubby first started dieting, he would save calories for wine. When that dieting became a lifestyle change, he didn’t have to save anymore. He does eat gobs of fruit everyday.

And the school year has just started! I’m back in (no students yet)next week and lay in bed this morning thinking about getting up to an alarm again….sigh…
    you save for g&t, for me, it’s a glass of red wine. My husband knows that it’s been a trying day, when I’m drinking wine before taking my coat off!

What a beautiful fruit salad. Love the seasonal fruit. Right now I’m having a overload of mangoes from my tree (here I thought the squirrels would get them all). We enjoy a good gin and tonic too or a glass of red wine! Cheers!

zucchini for lunch is how I save calories (the summer garden, you know, so it is also cheap). I have learned to use part diet tonic water with a splash of real tonic water (for the sugar, which evidently changes the taste), and to keep lime ice cubes in the freezer for the G&T.

The dressing sounds great, but I don’t need it. I just need the fruit. Enjoy your G&T, now that schools back in session!

I absolutely love that you must save calories for a gin and tonic. Some might say that’s a sign of an alcoholic. I say that’s a sign of a smart woman!

And I’m going to have to give that dressing a try.

(By the way, I finally tried the cranberry liqueur that I made using your recipe and OMG, I’m so glad I have cranberries in the freezer. I need to make more NOW. So good!)

Pam – I’m right there with you. I just signed up for weight watchers and fruit is free so I’ve really been eating a lot of it. I also have some leftover agave that I need to use up so I’m definitely trying this. Sounds like a great way to jazz up my snacktime!

it’s like christmas in july…er, august. :)
    me and booze, we aren’t great friends, but i’d not live long without my sugar fix. i’ll save up for that, thanks. :)

Trackbacks

1. […] week, I posted about my calorie app and my newfound love for fruit salads.  After I posted it I realized that I showed you two different versions of basically the same […]