Spaghetti Squash with Feta, Tomatoes, and Black Olives

spaghetti squash

Last week my husband went on a business trip to Seattle for almost a week!  I was left at home to take care of the kitty cats, take out the trash, and teach every day because teachers never get to go anywhere fun.  Ever.

I consoled myself with a couple of trips to Marshall’s and Tj  Maxx, the kitties insisted.

I also consoled myself by making me this super healthy and super good dinner, the somewhat boringly named, Spaghetti Squash II from Allrecipes.   I knew it would be good…tomatoes, basil, kalamata olives, and feta – that combination always adds up to good in my book.  Tossed with spaghetti squash, it had the feel of a pasta, but the goodness of squash.  Really yummy.  And it’s a good thing too, since it was just me, I pretty much ate it for lunch and dinner for almost 3 days in a row!

With spaghetti squash popping up all over the grocery store here for fall, you really need to give this a try. Follow the link above, I didn’t change a thing.

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!

Comments

I’m usually very good about eating winter squash almost daily at this time of year…but spaghetti squash always seems to get shafted! I love this combination of flavors paired with it. Delicious!

I printed the recipe out and added the ingredients to my grocery list. Now lets see if I can actually follow through. We love squash and all the ingredients in this.

I’ve seen so many wonderful recipes for spaghetti squash lately, this one included. I simply have to try it one day.

You shame me! You eat a lot healthier than I do when I’m on my own. This looks wonderful! (I need to find a way to get my fur kids on the same program as yours)

I am so glad the kitties insisted that you go shopping. They are very wise little beings, and wouldn’t want a depressed Momma who thought she was stuck at home whilst their Papa was having all the fun in Seattle.

Your spaghetti squash looks great!

Have posted to you a shoulder to cry on. Poor poppet. No wet towels on the bed, or socks strewn all over the bedroom floor. The toilet seat permanently down for a **whole week**. You must be inconsolable. I know, how about you open a bottle of good wine and have a glass or two?

had yourself some me-time, did ya? excellent. i’m in love with spaghetti squash; it saddens me to think that i didn’t even know it existed until a few years ago. great recipe!