It’s time for my Books read post!! It seems like no matter what I do, I always fluctuate around 50 books, give or take a book or two.
I’d say it’s been a good year. There were only one or two books that I didn’t really care for. How about you, how was your bookish year?
1. Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach. 4.5/5
2. Alice I Have Been: A Novel (Random House Reader’s Circle) by Melanie Benjamin. 4/5
3. Still Alice by Lisa Genova. 5/5
4. These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf. 5/5
5. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Motherby Amy Chua. 4/5
6. The Emperor’s Body: A Novel by Peter Brooks. 4/5
7. Under the Mercy Trees: A Novel by Heather Newton. 5/5
8. A Red Herring Without Mustard: A Flavia de Luce Novelby Alan Bradley. 4/5
9. The Paris Wife: A Novelby Paula Mclain. 4.5/5
10. Flapper: A Madcap Story of Sex, Style, Celebrity, and the Women Who Made America Modernby Joshua Zeitz. 4/5
11. The House at Riverton: A Novelby Kate Morton. 3.5/5
12. The Weird Sistersby Eleanor Brown 5/5.
13. Gone with a Handsomer Manby Michael Lee West. 4.5/5
14. Chapters From My Autobiographyby Mark Twain. (Audio) 5/5
15. The Peach Keeper: A Novelby Sarah Allen Addison. 3/5
16. Still Missingby Chevy Stevens. 4.5/5
17. Unfamiliar Fishesby Sarah Vowell. 3.5/5
18. The Stuff That Never Happened: A Novelby Maddie Dawson. 4.5/5
19. Horns: A Novelby Joe Hill. 5/5
20. Touch: A Novelby Alexi Zentner. 5/5
21. A Little Death In Dixieby Lisa Turner. 3.5/5
22. Bossypants by Tina Fey. 5/5
23. Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me 5/5
24. The Elegance of the Hedgehogby Muriel Barbery. 5/5
25. You Can’t Drink All Day If You Don’t Start in the Morningby Celia Rivenbark. 4.5/5
26. Losing it in France by Sally Asher. 4/5
27. In Her Wake: A Child Psychiatrist Explores the Mystery of Her Mother’s Suicide by Nancy Rappaport. 4/5
28. The Soldier’s Wife by Margaret Leroy. 5/5.
29. Wendy and the Lost Boys: The Uncommon Life of Wendy Wasserstein by Julie Salamon. 4.5/5
30. You Don’t Sweat Much for a Fat Girl: Observations on Life from the Shallow End of the Poolby Celia Rivenbark. 5/5
31. I’m Not High: (But I’ve Got a Lot of Crazy Stories about Life as a Goat Boy, a Dad, and a Spiritual Warrior)by Jim Breuer. 3.5/5.
32. Life From Scratchby Melissa Ford 4.5/5.
33. Two for Sorrow: A New Mystery Featuring Josephine Tey (Josephine Tey Mysteries)by Nicola Upson. 4/5.
34. The Devil All the Timeby Donald Ray Pollock. 4/5
35. My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Standsby Chelsea Handler. 3.5/5
36. The Effect of Living Backwardsby Heidi Julavits. 3/5
37. Falling for Me: How I Hung Curtains, Learned to Cook, Traveled to Seville, and Fell in Love by Anna David. 4/5
38. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. 5/5
39. A Watershed Year: A Novelby Susan Schoenberger. 4.5/5
40. My Korean Deli: Risking It All for a Convenience Storeby Ben Ryder Howe. 4.5/5
41. Harlot’s Sauce: A Memoir of Food, Family, Love, Loss, and Greeceby Patricia Volonakis Davis. 2/5
42. The Betsy-Tacy Treasury: The First Four Betsy-Tacy Books (P.S.)by Maude Hart Lovelace. 5/5
43. Sh*t My Dad Saysby Justin Halpern. 4/5
44. The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb: A Novelby Melanie Benjamin. 4.5/5
45. Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shotsby Nicole S. Young. 4.5/5
46.Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell: A Novel by Susanna Clarke. 5/5
47.The Wonder of Ordinary Magic by Lilli Jolgren Day. 4.5/5
48.Little Princes: One Man’s Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal by Conor Grennan. 4.5/5
49. Folks, This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better Worldby Joel Salatin. 4.5/5