Garden Tuesday ~ The Mary Edition

Sidewalk Shoes The Virgin Mary

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted a Mary statue in my yard.  My mom, found me one, and on a trip home to St. Louis, we scooped her up and brought her back to Tennessee.   I remember my mom saying, that we could freshly paint her because she was in sad shape.  No way.  I love her worn beauty.

Comments

She’s beautiful the way she is… like any mom who’s gone through teenage and young adulthood, then lost a child. No need for fresh paint, Her strenghth has always come from her heart.

I also love her just as she is. I need some statues in my yard. Sorry have not been participating, been busy with company this month, not much room for blogging. Soon.

Pam, I grew up in St. Louis. My great-aunt lived across the river. In Granite City and around there, Mary often lived in a claw footed bathtub upended, often painted blue. Do you remember that?

She will make a beautiful addition to your garden. The statue is lovely and it is a real find. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

I love her, too, Pam. It’s hard to find one–and getting harder all the time! Years ago I bought three of the four seasons that came from a torn-down home in Nashville.

I would love to have a statue of Mary in my garden and truthfully would like to have her in a special secluded place where I can go and sit, pray and contemplate, and just be at peace. What a beautiful statue that I hope you enjoy for years to come!