Garden Tuesday ~Iris~

Sidewalk Shoes Iris

Aren’t irises beautiful?  Such lovely, old fashioned flowers.  They remind me of grandmothers and aunts and summer vacation.

Sidewalk Shoes Iris

Speaking of summer vacation…mine starts today!!!!!  I promise to visit all your blogs regularly again, you have been all so sadly neglected with my teaching and my photography business, Pamela Greer Photography

Long time readers know that I usually declare something each summer.  There was The Summer of my Organizing, The Summer of My Herbs, The Summer of My Pickles, and The Summer of Cleaning Out My Garage.

So, what to do this year?  The garage still needs cleaning out.  I still have pickles to make.  Herbs to use.  And now, I have photography to learn, business to grow, marketing to plan.  How about “The Summer Where I Attempt to do Everything and Still Have Fun”?

Please join me for Garden Tuesday.

Comments

Irises definitely remind me of grandmothers also…not sure why.

Happy summer! Oh how I wish for a summer vacation…

Hi Pam,

Your Iris is stunning! I just love the bi-colors. Enjoy your vacation and I say try to do what you can and still have fun. It’s not going anywhere, right? Thank you for hosting our lovely garden party.

Love it! Sounds like my summer. I had planned to cutting back on the vegetable garden, and of course, the lure of seeds and plants was too much. Plus, I have another blog that I’m writing….

I love the iris. We only have one type. I think I’ll pick up some more next fall.

Hurray for summertime! Enjoy! Iris remind me of the wild ones we called “flags” when we were kids. They used to grow in the field behind the barn and it looked like a sea of purple.Love this – thanks for the memories.

Congrats on you finishing school! Enjoy your summer. Maybe you should not do anything one summer!! Irises are so beautiful!

I see the iris/grandmother with a velvet dress–the top is like their papery skin, with light veins and wrinkles–and a delicate face.