Mediterranean Salmon Salad

Mediterranean Salmon Salad

I don’t know about you, but this warmer weather has me turning to salads.  Of course, part of this could be that last week was Teacher Appreciation Week.  We all know that the best way to make teachers feel appreciated is to feed them.  So, last Friday I had donuts for breakfast and pizza for lunch followed up with a coke ice cream float.  Yeah.  So, salads it is for the next few days…or weeks!

I have made this salad, Mediterranean Salmon Salad from Cooking Light before.  It’s a great one to have in your bag of tricks because it goes together ridiculously easy.  It’s light and good and the pasta gives it a little more substance than just a regular salad.

My only change is that I broiled the salmon for 6 minutes not 10, and it might not have even needed all 6, it depends on the thickness of your salmon.  I also want to add that I am again reminded of the beauty of broiled fish.  After having a crappy broiler for years, I am totally loving my broiler.  I made another salad last night by tossing some baby spring greens with some carrots and radishes that I shredded in the food processor, a quick broiled salmon flaked on top, and a homemade vinaigrette.  Quick and tasty!

This will be my entry for Souper Sundays (Soup, Salad, or Sammie) hosted by Deb at Kahakai Kitchen.

Comments

After last night’s mother’s day feast, I need a few salads myself. :P This one sounds delicious! those mediterraneans know how to get it done in the flavor department.

Donuts, pizza, and ice cream floats? I need our PTA to talk to yours :). One of our PTA moms can’t stand me because I suspended her boy, so when it came to give flowers to all the office e staff, I was conveniently forgotten. Ha!

Love love love this salad. I was on a salmon kick for a while, but got out of it. I think its time to make it again. Perfect for the warm weather…and cold weather…and everything in between!

Hope the end of your year wraps up well!

I hear ya! I’m having a cookout this weekend with all kinds of sinful foods and I’m already planning my salad week.

Hi Pam, Yes —we do appreciate you teachers VERY MUCH…..

That salmon salad looks wonderful. I love salmon –and actually enjoyed some grilled salmon when we were at the beach last week. YUM…

Hugs,
    Betsy

Yes, from all I’ve been reading, Teacher Appreciation Week has resulted in some lovely diet recipe this morning! :)
    I like my salmon underdone too, Pam. Yummy recipe!

i feel like i don’t often see salmon in salads, but then again, i don’t go looking for it. looks light and lovely!

My daughter’s school is having teacher appreciate week this week and I was trying to think of something healthy to send in. At any rate, I’ve been craving salads too. Can’t get enough of them lately. This one looks great!

This looks delicious. It is not the same-I did veggie quesidillas last night-just saute peppers and tomatos and use some salsa on the wrap.

Oh yes, I remember those indulgent teacher appreciation weeks. Personally I would greatly appreciate it if someone made this salad for me!