Barbecued Chicken

Barbecued Chicken

What does the inside of your refrigerator door look like?  Does it have multiple shelves?  Skinny shelves, perfect for housing bottles of this and that.  If yours looks anything like mine, it is filled with jars that you bought to use for a recipe and now sit languishing on the shelves with an expiration date of two years ago.

When I had a craving for some barbecued chicken, I remembered that I had a bottle of barbecue sauce in the fridge.  Yes.  I did.  It expired July 24, 2011.  I remembered a photo of some barbecued chicken from  Everyday Food: Great Food Fast.  There I found a recipe for barbecue sauce with only 7 ingredients:  hot sauce, cider vinegar, light brown sugar, molasses, Dijon mustard, and garlic cloves.  Ingredients that I pretty much always have on hand.

Barbecued Chicken

Oh my.  This was so good.  So good that I have had it twice this past week.  I still have a little of the sauce in a jar and a fridge, and will be finding something else to barbecue because I don’t want this to go to waste.  If you currently always buy your barbecue sauce, please try this at least once.  It is so good.

If you don’t have the cookbook that I mentioned above, you can find it online: Barbecued Chicken.

This will be my entry for Cookbook Sundays

Comments

Usually the bbq sauce recipes I’ve seen have tons of ingredients so I can never just make them. Have to check this one out!

I told myself two years ago that I was going to quit buying bottles of sauces and make everything. My fridge door still is packed full of those bottles. I’m loving this simple sauce.

Playing catch up with you again.
    Coco has found the best way to scratch your back when nobody’s around to do it. (I do it on a door…and even use one of those funky Chinese scratchers)
    Love the bbq chicken…used to make it all the time. Condo living kind of put an end to grilling.

So funny Jody. Your barbecue sauce in the jar is younger than mine. A good reminder to go through the fridge door (usually missed in a cleanout). This sauce looks delicious.

Peer into my guys’ brains, and you’ll find BBQ Chicken at the top of their “Favorite Chicken” lists! Of course, they’ll put BBQ sauce on about anything, so mine never expires.

Funny you should ask about my refrigerator shelves. New last Saturday! Fit between the island and counter with mm to spare with the doors (and all those shelves) taken off. Yes!!

I pulled a bag of drumsticks out of the freezer last week and made some sauce. We cooked them on the grill and they were delish… even better the next day… even better for breakfast. I will try this one next. It looks beautiful in the photo.

saucy! i’ve been making my own barbecue sauce for quite awhile now–it’s the only way i can include everything that i want! :)

Thanks for the link, I just pinned it. I’m looking forward to trying it. I’m constantly searching for things in my refrigerator. It is not a good example of good refrigerator organization, but like you I have all of those ingredients on hand.