The Creamiest Chocolate Pudding

Creamiest Chocolate Pudding

The other day, I was absolutely craving something chocolate.  I needed it.  Something rich and dreamy.  But I didn’t want to go the grocery store, so I had to have the ingredients and I didn’t want to bake, because baking and I are not the best of friends.  So, I went to my Eat Your Books and searched for chocolate.   And there I saw it.  The Creamiest Chocolate Pudding in Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2008: EVERY RECIPE…A Year’s Worth of Cooking Light Magazine

It was chocolate, it was creamy, and I had everything I needed in the pantry – well, except for evaporated milk, I just used more regular milk.

This was so good.  So good in fact that I’ve made it again.  And if you’re wondering why it looks like there is a kalamata olive on top of my pudding.  It is a cherry.  A cherry that has been soaking in some lovely vodka, making an even lovelier cherry liqueur.   The perfect way to use up some boozy cherries.

You can find the recipe online:  The Creamiest Chocolate Pudding

This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Rainbridge Farms!

Comments

Oh.My.Goodness! This looks fabulous. Definitely adding it to my “must make this weekend” list!!

BTW, I have those silver spoons, too. :)

Oh my! Chocolate pudding, the king of comfort foods. When we were kids, mom used to make it for us all the time. Not homemade, but My-T-Fine chocolate pudding. I make mine from scratch, and your right…mosst of the time you have just what you need for it in your pantry. Love your boozy cherries!
    Hope your having a wonderful summer!
    Maureen

Mmmm, I haven’t enjoyed a great chocolate pudding in a long time; your’s looks LUSCIOUS! Hope you’re doing well; haven’t chatted in a bit! Happy Summer Pam!

I wish I’d had this recipe the other night when I was craving chocolate, sigh….I went to bed deprived, but that won’t happen again. This is bookmarked-thanks!

Pam, I want me some of that right now…as for the boozy cherries, can you mail me a gallon or two. We’re on our way back to Tucson from the coast and I definitely need fortification. LOL

i used to think pudding must be the hardest thing to make (this was before i had even attempted it), but once you do it 5, 6, 27 times, it’s not so bad. this is chocolate heaven.