SodaStream Source ~My new love~

SodaStream Source

While browsing through my favorite blogs, I came upon Grapefruit and Thyme soda from Reclaiming Provencial.   As it is many times with the web, that lead to another link, and another link, and some googling, and some more googling, and then I found SodaStream Source.

How could I have not known about this!!!  This is totally something I would embrace with open arms.  I love making my own liquid libations:  Orange Liqueur, Dark Cherry Liqueur, Cranberry Liqueur, and Limoncello.   Imagine making my own soda!!

SodaStream Source

Now, what is funny about this is that I don’t drink much soda.  As a matter of fact the only time I have a soda is when I’m eating out and for whatever reason do not choose my usual sweet tea.  But what I do drink is subtly flavored water.  You know those bottles of water with a hint of cucumber or lemon, that are quite expensive when you figure that it’s really just water.  So, what if I could make my own?!!  I would definitely drink grapefruit thyme soda!

You can get several different models of SodaStream with prices ranging from $79 all the way up to $199.  I chose the Source model, purely based on how it would look on my counter.  I got the very attractive black model.  It comes with a sample pack of soda flavors, a heavy duty bottle and a CO2 cartridge.  You simple install the CO2 cartridge and you are good to go!   You fill the water bottle up to the indicator line, snap it into place on the SodaStream and push down on the lever block to get the desired degree of carbonation.  I use three short bursts.

The above photo is orange soda made with the orange soda sample pack.

I love it!!  Totally love it.

I immediately went on Amazon and ordered:

Homemade Soda: 200 Recipes for Making & Using Fruit Sodas & Fizzy Juices, Sparkling Waters, Root Beers & Cola Brews, Herbal & Healing Waters, … & Floats, & Other Carbonated Concoctions

and The Artisan Soda Workshop: 75 Homemade Recipes from Fountain Classics to Rhubarb Basil, Sea Salt Lime, Cold-Brew Coffee and Much Much More

I have already tried several recipes and will be posting a review of each book after I complete a few more.

This would make a lovely Christmas present to yourself!!

Comments

We have and still use occasionally an old fashioned soda maker with the chargers attached. It’s a lot of fun to use. I’ve not seen this one. Sounds great, especially since club soda in bottles goes flat so fast.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and the best of new years Pam.
    Sam

This sounds like a wonderful idea. I stopped by to wish you a Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful holiday. Hugs and Christmas blessings…Mary

I have one of these. When I have juice I prefer it watered down, and this is awesome for that. Watered down with bubbles. The kids love it too.

I’ve seen these advertised on TV. Higher opinion now that I have your endorsement. The trick for me is using it (think my ice cream maker and pretty mixer still in its box). New Year’s Resolution?

I haven’t known anyone who actually tried one. Glad to hear you like it.

I’m a Skinny Water freak. If you figure out how to make that, let me know!

Patchouli is in the basement? Was that self-imposed?

Merry Christmas! Keep taking those wonderful photos!

I kept seeing this advertised on TV but since I don’t drink much Diet Coke anymore I just ignored it. But reading your post, that I can make my own lemon soda, and the like, I am so getting this. You should get some kind of compensation from the company, you sold me!
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas Pam!
    LL

I’d been eyeing these for a couple of years. I lucked out and won one on Bite of the Best! We just tried making club soda with it. Wonderful and so much more reasonable! Can’t wait to try other recipes. I’ve been thinking about a book, I will be anxious to hear your thoughts.

Merry Christmas!

I have seen the commercials and was wondering about the validity of it. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. it would pay for itself just to make the Red Bull recipe for us.

Trackbacks

1. […] her Mint Lemmo – which is basically and lemon mint syrup.  I’ve blogged before about my SodaStream.  I love it.  I love being able to make my own […]