Weekend Cat Blogging #391 A Tribute to Smudge

We had to say goodbye to the sweet Smudge on the day after Thanksgiving.  We miss him greatly and the house seems so empty without his steady presence.

This will be my entry for Weekend Cat Blogging hosted by Kashim, Othello and Salome.

Comments

1. Catherine says

I am so so sorry about Smudge Pam! Losing our four legged friends leaves such a hole in the heart. Sending you big hugs and deepest sympathy for your loss.
    xxoo Catherine

2. Mom says

Pam, I know how difficult it is to do what you had to do…Smudge is in cat heaven looking down on you..
    luv u

3. Les says

Such wonderful pictures filled with great memories, I’m sure. I especially love the one of him under the wicker loveseat and and the one of him grooming his face. Such a handsome fellow.

Hugs to you and your family. I’m so sorry… :(

4. Kyle says

Those are some gorgeous photos of Smudge. I especially like the belly shot and bathing time.
    Please accept my sympathies on your loss. I’ll miss Smudge too. (Heck, I still miss Scrappy Cat with his bad knees like mine!)

5. Jane says

Pam, I’m so sorry – I don’t know what to say. I look forward to your Saturday cat blog post every week and think all your kitties are beautiful, but Smudge particularly because of his gentle sweet face. He will always be there in your heart.

Jane x

6. Marsha Ieronimo says

I am so sorry for your loss of your precious kitty,Smudge,but he is waiting over the Rainbow Bridge and probably playing and hanging out with lots of others who are waiting on all of us to join them. You were so blessed to have him here with you on earth for so many wonderful years.

7. Tins and Treasures says

Good Morning, Pam,
    My heart is breaking for you. Smudge is just such a handsome boy…and you have so many awesome photos of him. I have fond memories of him and the cat photo contest!

Cherish your warm memories of your furry friend. Take care ~Natalie

8. teresa-bug says

I am so sorry to hear about Smudge. I hope all of these pictures help a teeny tiny bit. Kitties manage to capture such a large part of our heart and it sure does hurt when they are gone. Peace to you.

9. Beth says

Pam, I’m so sorry for your loss. Smudge was famous – loved by all of us because you shared him with us. Thinking of you…

10. Maxwell, Faraday and Allie says

Oh we are so very, very sorry to hear about your loss. Smudge was -and is – very well loved, and his loss must be such am ache in your heart. Pleas know you are in our thoughts – and if we three kitties could come over there and crowd close and comfort you with our purrs, we surely would.

11. Judi says

I hope you find comfort in that his suffering was brief and that he was loved by all of those with whom you chose to share him. Lovely tribute.

12. Joy says

I am really learning to hate life’s difficult times. But we would have to give up all the good times and live very lonely lives in order to avoid the bad times. Thankful for life and love. I’m glad you have such beautiful photos of Smudge. So special.

13. a quiet life says

I am so sorry for your loss, he was well loved, you couldn’t have given him a better life. Thank you for sharing him with us all these years, I hope soon the pain will edge away and leave you with smiles of happiness for knowing him…

14. June says

Pam, I’m so sorry for your loss. Decisions like these are never easy and my heart goes out to you. Such a beautiful boy. He’ll be chasing butterflies and dandelion fluff while waiting for you on the other side. Hugs.

15. Oskar says

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. These pictures are a beautiful tribute.

Our thoughts & prayers are with you.

Oskar & Pam

16. Bridget says

Poor sweet Smudge. I am so very sorry, but I’m glad that his life was with you and that I got to know him from your blog.

It’s been a rough week or so for my friends with kitties, and my heart brakes for them.

I think Smudge was lucky to have had his kitty life with you as his mom. Everyone in our house (furry and otherwise) will say a special prayer for him and for all of you. Take care.

17. Nabeela says

I’m so sorry for your loss. Although I don’t have any pets, I always loved checking out your weekend cat posts. May Smudge rest in peace.

18. Marjie says

I am so sorry. As much as I loved Smudge from afar, I’m sure losing him is devastating to you. My thoughts are with you, Pam.

19. Barbara says

Oh Pam! I am so sorry. I simply adored him. He will be sorely missed. Your photo tribute is perfect. That last one brought tears to my eyes.

20. Reeni Pisano says

My heart is breaking. Dear sweet handsome boy Smudge. He had the best home with you – I can’t imagine what you’re going through. Sending a giant *HUG*.

21. shabby girl says

Smudge, is the most beautiful kitty I have ever seen. And talk about photogenic! I know his beauty went far beyond his looks for you.
    Having lost my girl, Shasta, in August, I know the heartbreak and the huge hole that’s left when they’re gone.
    Sending up prayers for comfort for you, Pam!

22. Antoinette says

I’m sorry, Pam. He knew how much he was loved and adored. He may have even known he was an Internet sensation (always thought he was savvier than your average feline).

23. Kirsten Lindquist says

oh my goodness, so so sorry to hear that. there are no words for comfort when it comes to losing an animal companion. Thanks for sharing all of the lovely pictures, hugs and love to you!

24. Deb in Hawaii says

I am so sorry to hear about Smudge Pam. My heart goes out to you. What a great and happy life that gorgeous boy had with you–so much love. He will be missed.

Deb

25. Wearinbeads says

So sorry you have lost Smudge. Helping an old friend with make an exit is the kindest thing a Kitty Mom can do, but I know how hard this is for you. Hugs.

Trackbacks