Black and White Christmas Kitty for Saturday Pet Blog Hop

Cat with Christmas tree in black and white

I love black and white photos of Christmas trees.  I guess it reminds me of the old photos from the 1950’s stashed in an old shoebox.

Cat with Christmas tree

Coco asked if I would like to include a kitty cat in my photos.

cat with Christmas tree in black and white

She really didn’t spend that much time around the tree.  I miss Smudge.  Smudge loved Christmas trees and as soon as they went up, that was his favorite spot to sleep.

This will be my entry for The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop!

Comments

1. Jane says

Bless Smudge …. I expect he thought the Christmas tree was a warm indoor garden just for him!

Muffin is like Smudge usually, she claimed her spot the second I put down the tree skirt. But for some reason, after the first day, she lost interest this year. I’m surprised Coco isn’t enjoying the tree more, there is much to entice a kitty on your tree! ;)

Hi Pam, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Pet Blogger Hop.

These photos are great! Idk if I’ve seen b&w pics of Christmas trees, b/c folks are usually trying to show off all the pretty colors, but I love the wy it plays up the lights. And the kitty is adorable, so there’s that…

Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

When I saw the title of this post, I thought it was going to say that you got a black and white kitty as a Christmas present!

Thank you for your enthusiasm over my jeans–I’m STILL excited for my jeans too! Can’t quite believe that I did it!

Have you chosen your word for this year? Did I miss it?

These are lovely photos. I too like black and white. I remember the pictures of Smudge under the Christmas tree, especially those when he was on his back. He also looked so comfortable.
    Cheers!

The first picture looks like Coco’s scouting for birds at the top of the tree, and thinking she might need to climb it to be sure. I miss Smudge, too. He was beautiful.

Aww, so sweet. Love your tree, too. My two cats love to plant themselves under our Christmas tree, and this was the first year they didn’t feel the need to climb in the inside and make their way up to the top! ;)
    Maureen

Just found your blog. I love the B+W pictures. We have a long tradition in our family with black and white photography. My father was a very talented photographer, and he ONLY did black and white. I think it trains your eye to look differently at the composition.