It’s time again my round up of my books read! This year, I surpassed my usual 50-ish and made it to 65! I give credit to my Kindle Fire. I love it.
1.Our Man in the Dark: A Novel by Rashad Harrison. 4/5
2. Night Swim by Jessica Keener. 4/5
3. The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt: A Novel in Pictures by Caroline Preston. 4/5
4.Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. 4/5
5.The Gospel According to Coco Chanel: Life Lessons from the World’s Most Elegant Woman by Karen Karbo. 4/5
6.Prime Suspectby Lynda La Plante. 2/5
7.The Night Circusby Erin Morgensteen. 5/5
8. 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill. 5/5
9. Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parentingby Pamela Druckerman. 4/5
10.Chocolate Chocolate: The True Story of Two Sisters, Tons of Treats, and the Little Shop That Could by Frances Park and Ginger Park. 2/5
11.Prime Suspect 2: A Face in the Crowd by Lynda LaPlante. 3/5
12.Ugly to Start With by John Michael Cummings. 4/5.
13.Happy Accidentsby Jane Lynch. 4.5/5
14. Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls Are Not for Sale: A Memoir by Rachel Lloyd. 4/5.
15.An Incomplete Revenge (Maisie Dobbs Book 5) by Jacqueline Winspear. 4/5
16. Whole Lotta Latte by Joanne Demaio 4/5.
17. The Violets of March: A Novelby Sarah Jio. 4/5
18. Quiver: A Novel (Pegasus Crime)by Holly Lunning. 4/5
19. The Dressmaker of Khair Khana: Five Sisters, One Remarkable Family, and the Woman Who Risked Everything to Keep Them Safe (P.S.)by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon. 4/5
20.Once Upon a Time, There Was You: A Novelby Elizabeth Berg. 4/5
21.Amaryllis in Blueberryby Christina Meldrum. 5/5
22.This Life Is in Your Hands: One Dream, Sixty Acres, and a Family’s Heartbreak (P.S.)by Melissa Coleman. 4/5
23. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacksby Rebecca Skloot. 4.5/5
24.The Will of Wisteriaby Denise Hildreth. 3.5/5
25. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunterby Seth Grahame Smith. 4/5
26. The Fault in Our Starsby John Green. 5/5
27.An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. 5/5
28. Mrs. Kennedy and Me: An Intimate Memoir by Clint Hill. 5/5
29. Wolf Hall: A Novel by Hilary Mantel. 4/5
30. Bring Up the Bodies: A Novel (John Macrae Book) by Hilary Mantel. 4/5
31.Gone Girl: A Novelby Gillian Flynn. 5/5
32.Before I Go to Sleep: A Novelby S. J. Watson. 4/5
33.The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber. 5/5
34. The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty. 4/5
35. Drop Dead Healthy: One Man’s Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection by A.J. Jacobs. 4/5
36.Oxford Messed Upby Andrea Kayne Kaufman. 5/5
37. The Age of Miracles: A Novelby Karen Thompson Walker. 4/5
38. American on Purpose LP: The Improbable Adventures of an Unlikely Patriotby Craig Ferguson. 5/5
39.Charlotte Markham and the House of Darkling: A Novel by Michael Boccacino. 4/5
40. The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey. 5/5
41. Broken Harbor: A Novelby Tana French. 5/5.
42. Dare Me: A Novel by Megan Abbott. 4/5
43. Beautiful Ruins: A Novel by Jess Walter. 4/5
44. Where’d You Go, Bernadette: A Novelby Maria Semple. 5/5
45. The Killer of Little Shepherds: A True Crime Story and the Birth of Forensic Scienceby Douglas Starr. 4/5
46. The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk! by Al Ries. 4/5
47.And When She Was Good: A Novel by Laura Lippman. 3/5
48. This Is Where I Leave You: A Novel by Jonathan Tropper 5/5.
49. The Bloody Mary Club by Debbie Dyke. 3/5
50. Yes, Chef: A Memoir by Marcus Samuelson. 5/5
51. The Snow Child: A Novel by Eowyn Ivey. 5/5.
52. The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe. 5/5
53. Lasso the Stars by L.L. Nielsen. 4/5
54. Girl Walks into a Bar . . .: Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle by Rachel Dratch. 4/5
55. America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren’t by Stephen Colbert. 3/5.
56. The Heart Broke In: A Novelby James Meek. 4/5
57.City of Womenby David R. Gillham. 5.5
58. The Dog Starsby Peter Heller.
59. Best Friends, Occasional Enemies: The Lighter Side of Life as a Mother and Daughterby Lisa Scottoline. 3/5
60.The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister. 5/5
61.Gathering of Waters by Bernice McFadden. 4/5
62.Blackberry Winter: A Novel by Sarah Jio. 4/5
63.The Bloodletter’s Daughter (A Novel of Old Bohemia)by Linda Lafferty. 4/5
64.The Hunchback of Neiman Marcus: A Novel About Marriage, Motherhood, and Mayhemby Sonya Sones. 5/5
65. A Life in Stitches: Knitting My Way through Love, Loss, and Laughterby Rachael Herron. 3.5/5
I know my ratings seem a little high – there is a huge number of 4 out of 5. I think that is because I didn’t do that many book reviews from a company or someone requesting a book review – so the majority of the books that I read were books that I chose to read. That may change a bit for 2013 though because I am going to alternate my books with my huge virtual stack of Kindle Daily Deals. If a book sounds halfway promising, I can not turn it down at $1.99. So far, I have been pretty pleased with them, though.
From the past:
Happy Reading in 2013!!