Lemongrass and Ginger Oh My!

Lemon Grass and Ginger

Look what I found!!  Please tell me that I am not the last person alive to know that you could get Lemongrass and Ginger all finely chopped in a tube!  Organic!

I can not find lemongrass around here and usually try and buy and freeze some whenever I go to Atlanta.  But the other day while shopping at Walmart, I found these!  I was practically giddy with excitement.  They are in the cold refrigerated section of the produce department and you store them in the fridge.  Fresh lemon grass whenever I want it!!  Organic even!!

I didn’t really need the ginger, since I can get it regularly, but I grabbed it anyway.  They also had basil and red chiles!!!

Thai and Vietnamese food whenever I want!!

Comments

I believe that you are at least the second to last person…. Of course, chances are I’ll never actually see such a thing here LOL I have only just seen lemon grass once.

So to tell you what a non-chefy person I am, I immediately thought Lemongrass Lotion! I love the smell of lemongrass but would have no clue how to use it in food. ;)

Wait, you mean there’s actually something I wasn’t the last person to know about? I discovered them (and the tomato paste) about a year ago. Life changing!

We did buy some of the lemongrass when we were in parts of the country that didn’t carry it. Although he was happy to have it, Hubby was pretty disappointed that he couldn’t do the actual chopping. What can I say? He’s obsessive about chopping!

You know, people gripe about Wal=Mart, but sometimes they can bring us things about which we can only dream otherwise. Fresh spice paste in a tube sounds like a must=find to me!

Sorry Pam, you just might well be. We’ve has these for a few years now and they are so handy to have in the fridge. A quick squirt does the trick!