Well, it may not be officially summer on the calendar, but when that last day of school hits, it’s my official summer. Unfortunately my official summer ends August 1st, but lets not think about that. I can think of no better way to kick off the summer than with some Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt.
To make it even better, it’s from Eating Well, so it’s good for you. It really is..yogurt and antioxidant rich raspberries. Just look at that gorgeous color. I followed the recipe exactly, my only addition was 2 tablespoons of vanilla vodka – which I pretty much add to any frozen yogurt or ice cream, it helps keep it a bit soft. With all the flavors of vodka they have out there now though, I should probably become more adventuresome. I’ve used the vanilla forever, just because vanilla pretty much goes with anything.
Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, preferably mini
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla vodka (my addition)
- Place raspberries, yogurt, sugar, vodka and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker (or see “No Ice Cream Maker?” below). Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, or until desired consistency. Add chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes of freezing. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve. No Ice Cream Maker? Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan and place in the freezer. Stir every few hours, until the mixture is firm along the edges and semi-firm in the center, 2 to 6 hours (using frozen berries will shorten the freezing time). Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, stir in chocolate chips, cover and freeze until ready to serve.
AND, we had our first CSA pickup!
This is our first CSA pickup from Fall Creek Farms! This isn’t even all of it, I just took a few things for a representation! There is broccoli, snap peas, spinach, new potatoes, green garlic, green onions, leeks, radishes, and baby carrots!!
I’ve already planned menus around all of it!!