This Brie, Apple and Arugula Quesadillas make the perfect meatless lunch or dinner! Post may contain affiliate links.
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? I don’t. Well, the only one I did was to make sure that I always have fresh flowers on my dining room table, which means they come from my garden in the summer and from the grocery store floral department in the winter. This simple little bouquet sitting on my dining room table at all times, makes me happy. That is a resolution I can live with. So, no real resolutions, except that I have vowed to use up food in my fridge. You know…those half full jars of jam or pesto, the quarter full bag of shredded cheese, the pickled peppers. You catch my drift.
Remember this utterly delicious and oh-so-easy Fig, Brie, Prosciutto and Walnut Pizza? After making that pizza (and if you haven’t, you should!), I was left with a half round of brie. Now, I could personally just sit and eat that all in one setting. I adore cheese and brie is one of my favorites, but there is a waistline to watch. I started searching for a recipe that would allow me to use up my leftover Brie, and I found Brie, Apple and Arugula Quesadillas at Cooking Light. It sounded perfect. All I had to do was add flour tortillas and arugula to the grocery list and I was set to go.
This was so good. So light and delicious. It made the perfect light dinner when served with a salad. The only place I stray from the recipe is that I always fold over my tortillas, rather than laying a tortilla on top of the filling. I like to have one folded over edge. I also skipped the apple cider and just used some wonderful gourmet mustard Sir Kensington’s Mustard – Spicy Brown – 11 OZ – which has become my favorite mustard. It is so good.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, divided
- 1 Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1/2 pound), divided
- 2 cups arugula, divided
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a nonstick or cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread half of each tortilla with mustard. On that half, spread a layer of cheese and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper. Top with a layer of apples and then the arugula. Fold tortilla over and place in hot pan with the side with cheese down first.
- Press gently on quesadilla. When bottom side is browning and cheese is melting, flip over and toast the other side. When that side is golden, remove with a spatula and serve.
I’m linking up with:
Bloggers Brags @ Honey and Birch
Linky Party @ Lou Lou Girls
Treasure Box Tuesday @ Yesterfood
The Hearth and Soul Hop @ The 21st Century Housewife
Delicious Dish Tuesday @ Full Time Mama
Tasty Tuesdays @ Anyonita Nibbles