Using rotisserie chicken and naan bread, this Barbecue Chicken, Bacon and Cilantro Pizza comes together so easily! Post may contain affiliate links.
Barbecued Chicken Pizza
I am continuing with my freezer and pantry challenge, where I try and use up some of all this stuff!! I wouldn’t call myself a hoarder, necessarily, I mean you don’t walk through mountains of stuff at my house (well, you do in the garage, but I’m not counting that). So, I’m not a hoarder, I’m more what you would call an enthusiastic collector. If one is good, two is better, and a whole bunch is even more better.
This enthusiasm applies to everything from shoes, to cookbooks, to naan bread in the freezer. A great use for naan bread is for quick and easy pizzas. There is an endless supply of pizza ideas and I found this one in Sara Foster’s Casual Cooking: More Fresh Simple Recipes from Foster’s Market, which according to Amazon, I purchased in September 2008! That’s a sign of a good cookbook, when you are still referencing it 8 years later!
There wasn’t really a recipe for this pizza, just the idea. She called for crumbled bacon and caramelized onions, leaving you to work out the specifics. I simply cooked the bacon along with onions in my favorite cast iron skillet. It worked perfectly and that my friends is the most difficult part of the recipe! I was also a little stingy on the barbecue sauce, don’t be like me, slather it on, especially if you’re using chicken breasts which can be a bit dry.
- Shredded chicken breast meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion. thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda
- 2 naan breads
- barbecue sauce
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Saute bacon and onions over medium high heat until bacon is crips and onions are slightly caramelized about 8-10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place naan breads on the sheet. Spread the barbecue sauce over each one. Top with the shredded chicken. Divide the onions and bacon between the two. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro sprinkled on top.