This Beef with Broccoli and Snow Peas is an easy and delicious weeknight stir fry! Post may contain affiliate links.
My CSA is in full season mode now and I totally choose a recipe by how many veggies that it uses up. I’ve started keeping my CSA ingredient list in an Evernote notebook and checking off as I use each ingredient. I think that our share is supposed to serve 4 people and there are just two of us, so I have my work cut out for me. I choose which ingredients to use up based on how long they will last. The sweet potatoes can wait until I’m ready, the tomatoes and fresh baby spinach need to be used ASAP. For this recipe I was trying to use up snow peas and broccoli, which pretty much set the stage for a stir fry, like this Beef with Broccoli and Snow Peas.
Actually if you look closely at the photo, you’ll notice that I should have called it Beef with Broccoli, Snow Peas and Edamame, but I was just too lazy to type all that in on my photo. The inspiration for this recipes comes from Ellie Krieger’s Emerald Stir-fry with Beef in So Easy. The original recipe also called for asparagus, but I didn’t have any and really it seemed plenty enough with the three veggies.
With just a little preparation, this stir fry comes together very quickly for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, orange juice, water, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cooked until just browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli, edamame, and snow peas. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for about 4 more minutes. Add the beef and the cornstarch/water mixture. Cook until it thickens slightly and the beef is warmed, about 2 minutes. Drizzle with the sesame oil and serve over rice.
This week I am linking up with: Merry Monday | Amaze Me Monday | Lou Lou Girls | The Hearth and Soul | The SITS Girls | Full Plate Thursday | Funtastic Friday | Foodie Friday | Saucy Saturdays | Sunday Features