I love things that serve multi-purposes. The wine bottle that becomes a vase, the pair of curtains that becomes a skirt, the side dish that gives you your grains and your veggies and your legumes.
Seriously, this side dish is a huge multi tasker. Want to eat more grains – got it. Want to eat more beans – got it. Love fresh veggies – got it. I served this with some simple roasted chicken and fresh bread and it was perfect. I even had it alone the next day for lunch, even more perfect.
I found this in Whole Grains Every Day, Every Way which has become my go to book for all things grainy.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tightly packed flat leaf parsley leave
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt (I used full fat)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa or a pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups cooked coarse bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups diced, seeded cucumber
- 1 cup diced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion greens
- In a food processor or blender, blend the dressing ingredients.
- In a large serving bowl combine the salad ingredients, toss with the dressing. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
This will be my entry for Legume Love Affair #47 – Priya of Mharo Rajasthan’s Recipes is currently guest hosting MLLA #47.
This will be my entry for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum!