Chocolate biscotti is dotted with chocolate chips is a chocolate lovers dream come true in this Double Chocolate Biscotti. Post may contain affiliate links.
I will be the first to admit that I love sweets. Adore sweets. A meal that finishes with dessert is my kind of happy meal. Unfortunately I am at that age where my metabolism, which was my best friend when I was young, is now my worst enemy. I eat one calorie over what I should and it seems like the pounds just add up!
So, what is a dessert loving, cookie loving, sugar loving person to do? Make biscotti. Some biscotti recipes are rich and decadent, but most are surprisingly low in calories and fat. Biscotti gives me the sweet taste that I crave with satisfying crunch as I bite into them. They’re even better dipped in coffee, though I lose the crunch.
What I love about this recipe is it’s so easy. It comes together almost like muffins do – one bowl of whisked dry ingredients, combined in a bowl of wet ingredients – no food processor or stand mixer required. It called for mini chocolate chips, but I just used regular since I had some in the pantry.
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To measure the flour, spoon it lightly into the measuring cups and level with a knife. In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract and eggs. Add the flour mixture to egg mixture and stir to combine. Divide the dough in half and pat out two 12 inch loaves, about 1/2 inch thick, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray (I used parchment paper).
- Bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Stand them back up on the baking sheet and return to the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.