Post may contain affiliate links.
This Easy Tuna and Tomato Pasta recipe is something that I make in some form or another a lot. There are so many different ways that you can vary this easy pasta recipe. You can make the sauce completely no cook, so the only pan you are using is the pot to boil the water. You can sub different veggies for the tomatoes, though if you use a veggie that doesn’t have as much natural liquid, you probably want to save some of the pasta water. You can add hot peppers or not. You can vary the herbs. This time it was parsley, it could be tarragon or whatever favorite herb you like that pairs with tuna. This time the little extra bite is coming from capers, you could use olives or even preserved lemons! See what I mean, there really is an endless list of possibilities.
This was so good and easy that I think I need to start a new category or tag. What should it be? 30 Minute Pasta Recipes or just plain 30 Minute Recipes? While you’re thinking about that, let’s talk pasta. I love pasta in all shapes and forms – and for the record, I think there are a million shapes. When I have a somewhat chunky sauce like this, I like past that is also chunky. So, even though Donna Hay showed this Chilli Tuna Pasta with spaghetti, unless it’s a creamy sauce, I prefer big bites of pasta.
Of course after I say that, I go check two of my post popular tuna pasta recipes: Pasta with Tuna, Chile, Arugula and Lemon and Linguini with Tuna, Capers and Golden Raisins – are both using long thin pasta! Too funny. Oh well, let’s just say this works with your favorite pasta and leave it at that, shall we? You can find that Pasta with Tuna, Chile, Arugula and Lemon in one of my favorite Donna Hay cookbooks, Fresh and Light. If you want to make the Linguini with Tuna, Capers and Golden Raisins – you can find it in another favorite cookbook, One Pan Two Plates.
- 1 lb spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 12 oz cans chilli-flavoured tuna, drained (or regular with diced jalapeno added)
- 3 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ? cup lemon juice
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water per directions. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the capers and cook for one more minute.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, vinegar, tuna, parsley and lemon zest to the skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Serve with a drizzle of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
Merry Monday | Inspire Me Monday | Melt in Your Mouth Monday | Mix it Up Monday | Inspiration Monday | What’d You do This Weekend | Amaze Me Monday | Turn it Up Tuesdays | Lou Lou Girls Treasure Box Tuesday | The Hearth and Soul | Delicious Dish Tuesday | The SITS Girls | Moonlight and Mason Jars | Wow Me Wednesday | Your Whims Wednesday | Wonderful Wednesdays || Wednesday Roundup | Full Plate Thursday