This ginger pear smoothie is rich, creamy, refreshing and good for you! This post may contain affiliate links.
Can I just say that if you are on the fence about getting a Vitamix jump off that fence now and get one! I debated one for a long time before making the jump. Yes, it does cost about as much as my first car (I’m that old), but it has been so worth it. We have had a smoothie practically every single day since Vivian came to live with us. The only hard part is trying to decide what smoothie to make next! Smoothies are really so easy, you can toss anything into them and they come out fantastic, but you know me, I like a little guidance, a blueprint to follow at least until I am a smoothie master.
After my Vitamix, my next smoothie purchase was Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Nutrient-dense Recipes – which I’ll be reviewing later. This book is loaded with ideas, most of them are simple and made more nutritious by the additions of certain superfoods. Like this recipe for the Ginger Pear Smoothie. It’s superfood ingredient besides ginger are dried white mulberries you can also add hemp seeds for more healthy fats and proteins. I had absolutely no idea that mulberries were such superfood powerhouses! They are one of the best natural sources of resveratrol – a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent aging, enhance cardiovascular health and promote circulation!
This is probably our most favorite smoothie to date. It tastes wonderfully fresh and the pear, ginger, spinach combination is delightful!
- 2 cups diced ripe pear
- 1/3 cup dried white mulberries
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced ginger ( I just threw a knob of ginger in)
- 2 cups chopped frozen spinach (again, just tossed in some whole frozen spinach leaves)
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (could sub your favorite kind of milk here)
- sweetener to taste
- Place the ingredients in the order recommended by your blender - I put liquids in first. Then blend until it reaches the desired consistency.