This Grilled Kale Salad with Strawberries is so quick and easy and delicious!
Post may contain affiliate links.
You have two ways of looking at this post. You can think, “Wow, Pam was all prepared for #cookoutweek, knowing that a lot of people would be bringing burgers and such and a healthy Grilled Kale Salad With Strawberries would balance that all perfectly!” Or you could think, “Wow, it’s already day 2 of cookout week and Pam hasn’t grilled anything. She needs something quick and easy and that she can eat for lunch, so she has time to write this post and when she opened the fridge she spotted kale and and strawberries.” Your choice.
Whatever you choose to think about the creating of this salad, I want you to definitely think about making it. No, scratch that, don’t think about making it, make it. It’s perfect. We’re all trying to eat healthier right? So what if besides your normal cookout fare of burgers, steaks and chicken, you added a simple salad. Seriously, while your grilled food is resting, you can whip up this salad. It grills in minutes.
I had strawberries in my fridge, you could easily do this with peaches – and even grill them! This is so easy. First I made a quick dressing of half lemon juice half olive oil which is my go to dressing of choice and sliced up a handful of strawberries. Then I tore the kale into large pieces and tossed with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
I placed a grill pan on a hot grill. Using long grill tongs, I added the kale on the grill pan. Then I just tossed it around until it was slightly wilted and charred in some places – probably not even 2 minutes – don’t go anywhere, it’s fast! Remove the kale back into it’s bowl, add the strawberries and toss with the dressing. That’s it. Crazy easy and crazy good.
Grilled Kale Salad with Strawberries
This Grilled Kale Salad with Strawberries is so quick and easy, perfect to add a little healthy salad to your cookout!
- 1/2 bunch kale torn into large pieces
- 6 strawberries
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat grill with grill pan in place. Place kale in a bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and salt and pepper. Slice strawberries and set aside. In a small mason jar, shake remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil with the lemon juice.
Add kale to grill pan and toss using tongs for about 2 minutes or until kale is slightly wilted and charred in a few places. Remove from grill and put back into bowl.
Add strawberries to bowl and toss with dressing.
We also have a fabulous giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made #CookoutWeek possible! You can enter below to win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media:
Stay tuned… remember, throughout the week, all of the participating bloggers will be posting delicious cookout recipes. Here are all the bloggers who are part of #CookoutWeek 2017:
The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin Mamas • A Day in the Life on the Farm • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • Ashees Cookbook • Baking Sense • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • Chef Sarah Elizabeth • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Sapana • Eat, Drink, Be Healthy! • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fix Me a Little Lunch • For the Love of Food • Full Belly Sisters • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Home Sweet Homestead • Join Us, Pull up a Chair • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats • Little House Big Alaska • My Southern Sweet Tooth • Our Good Life • Oven Tales By Syama • Palatable Pastime • Rants From My Crazy Kitchen • Savory Moments • Seduction in the Kitchen • Sidewalk Shoes • That Recipe • The Freshman Cook • The Mad Scientists Kitchen • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Saucy Southerner • The Spiffy Cookie • The Weekday Gourmet • Tramplingrose • Turnips 2 Tangerines • Uncle Jerry’s Kitchen
As one of the bonus entries in the giveaway, leave a comment on this blog post… Have you ever made a grilled salad?