Tim G’s margarita for National Margarita Day.
When Heather from girlichef announced that today February 22 was National Margarita Day and asked if anyone wanted to help her celebrate, I am sure I was first in line. If not first, at least in the top ten. If there is one day that I am all about celebrating it would be National Margarita Day! At the end of the post are links to all the other participating bloggers – there are apparently quite a few of us who feel compelled to celebrate this monumental day.
It is a rare weekend that goes by in the Sidewalk Shoes household that does not include a margarita.
It is such our drink of choice that Mr. Sidewalk Shoes has become somewhat of a connoisseur. A margarita chemist. He works his magic with a combination of homemade and store bought ingredients.
His latest work of art includes no less than 7 ingredients. Yes, you can make a mighty fine margarita with less than that, but you can make a mighty, mighty fine one with a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Without further ado:
- 20 ml Tequila Reposado
- 10 ml Tequila Anejo
- 10 ml Jalapeno Infused Tequila
- 10 ml orange liqueur Homemade
- 10 ml limoncello Homemade
- 15 ml agave simple syrup
- 20ml fresh lime juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Add ingredients and shake for approximately 15-20 seconds and pour into a salt-rimmed glass. Add a slice of lime for garnish.
P.S. If you came here looking for your Saturday dose of kitty cats, they will be back next week. They completely understood that National Margarita Day needed to be celebrated.
Please check out my fellow National Margarita Day Bloggers!!
- Blackberry Margarita from Cooking for My Peace of Mind
- Chili Lime Margarita from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chocolate Margaritas from The Texan New Yorker
- Creamsicle Margaritas from Savvy Eats
- Frozen Mango Margarita from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lilikoi Margarita with Li Hung Mui from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Margaritas Gone Wild from Delaware Girl Eats
- Mixed Berry Margarita from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Mom’s Wicked Margarita from Desserts Required
- Pomegranate Margarita from Daily Dish Recipes
- Spicy Raspberry Frozen Margarita from The Weekend Gourmet
- Tamarind Margaritas from girlichef
- The Great Grapefruit Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Tim G’s Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Baked Margarita Chicken Wings from Healthy. Delicious.
- Chambord Margarita Macarons from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Margarita Cake with Sugar Cookie Crust from Gotta Get Baked
- Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Margarita Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Margarita Donuts from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Margarita Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Margarita Shrimp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos from Supper for a Steal
- Strawberry Margarita Sweet Rolls from The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Top Shelf (Margarita) Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla