Sweet chili sauce and lime juice turn this Sweet Chili and Lime Chicken into the easiest and tastiest dinner! Post may contain affiliate links.
Have you discovered sweet chili sauce? It’s a condiment that I can’t live without. My favorite is Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, which I order regularly from Amazon. I noticed that they also have a Trader Joe’s version – has anyone tried it? Anyway, it is the perfect condiment, nice heat with a little sweet. It is what pulls together this completely simple dish.
First you mix it with some lime juice and olive oil and it makes a glaze for the chicken. Then later it accompanies the meal, a drizzle of it over the whole bowl, just brings everything together! This was so delicious and so simple. It’s a great way to use up some late season cucumbers.
I found this recipe in Donna Hay’s Magazine #55, Feb/March 2011. Yep, it’s old, but like most good recipes, it is timeless. It wasn’t even actually a recipe, it was one of those quick paragraph recipes, where they mostly tell you what to do, but don’t really give measurements. It’s so simple it doesn’t even need measurements, but I’ll try and give you a ball park in the recipe. Basically you brush chicken with the glaze and grill it. You shred some cucumbers, red chile peppers and green onions and cook some rice. That’s it. Put it all together and top with a generous drizzle of the sweet chili sauce and you are good to go!
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (plus more for serving)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cucumbers shredded
- 1 red chile pepper shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Combine 1/4 cup chili sauce, lime juice and olive oil. Brush on the chicken breasts. Cook using a grill pan or grill over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes each side.
- Combine cucumber, chile pepper, and green onion.
- Divide the rice among four bowls, top with the chicken and the cucumber salad and drizzle with more sweet chili sauce.
This week I am linking up with: Merry Monday | Amaze Me Monday | Lou Lou Girls | The Hearth and Soul | The SITS Girls | Wonderful Wednesdays | Full Plate Thursday | Funtastic Friday | Foodie Friday | Saucy Saturdays | Sunday Features