Instead of a Vietnamese noodle salad try this delicious Vietnamese Zoodle Salad. Post may contain affiliate links.
I am way late to the zoodle party, but I am happy to have inaugural visit be this gorgeous Vietnamese Zoodle Salad! I admit, I didn’t get what the spiralizer fuss was about. I mean, it’s just veggies. The same veggies that you’ve been eating for years. Except now you make them long and stringy like noodles. Then I got a Spiralizer. And still, it sat there unused. I dutifully pinned posts to my spiralizer board on Pinterest. Then one day, I was staring at some zucchini from my CSA, and I thought, “zoodles, now is the time for zoodles.”
I went searching for something that sounded interesting. I found this Vietnamese Noodle Salad at Food & Wine. It sounded perfect. Quick and easy with all the flavors that I loved! We ate this as a light lunch, it would also be good served with a protein of choice. It was so good! We loved it! The only thing I changed was that I didn’t add red onions. I don’t like raw onions. Usually when a recipe calls for raw onions, I sub my Quick Pickled Onions, but I didn’t have any in the fridge.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup packed torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 packed cup torn fresh cilantro
- 1/4 packed up torn fresh mint
- Sriracha sauce for serving
- In a large bowl mix together the dressing ingredients: lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Add the zucchini, carrots and onions and toss gently. Then add the peanuts, basil, cilantro and mint and toss again just to combine.
- Serve with Sriracha on the side.