This Apple Elderflower Martini is the perfect transition from summer to fall cocktail! A hint of floral from the elderflower liqueur and the sweetness of fall apples.
Summer or Fall Cocktails
What cocktails to drink as we transition from summer to fall, that is the question on all of our minds, I’m sure! While I’m not quite ready for pumpkin cocktails yet, I am so ready for apple cocktails!
Speaking of apples, you are going to love this Apple Elderflower Martini.
It is the perfect summer to fall cocktail. Floral notes from the elderflower liqueur and sweet fruitiness from the apple juice and a little vodka to let all the flavors shine through.
Ingredients in this Fall Vodka Cocktail
- Vodka – use your favorite! The flavor shines through so you want to get a vodka that you enjoy.
- Apple Juice or Apple Cider – we prefer apple cider, but you can use apple juice.
- Elderflower Liqueur – adds a soft floral note.
- Cucumber – thinly sliced for garnish. It’s optional, but it does add a soft flavor as you breathe it in before your sip.
- Mint – for garnish.
While it’s well known that I am a gin girl, vodka cocktails do have their place in my heart. Like this cocktail. Since vodka doesn’t assert itself like gin does, it lets the flavor of whatever you are mixing with it shine through. Since we wanted the apple and the elderflower flavors to be present, vodka was the perfect choice.
Speaking of vodka, if you haven’t been to a liquor store lately, go check out the vodka shelf. Or should I say the vodka aisle? Because there are a zillion vodkas. Personally I plan on working my way down the aisle.
How to Make This Apple Elderflower Cocktail
The best part of this apple martini? Besides the fact that it’s super delicious? It’s so easy and it makes a pitcher, perfect for your next party. Looking for something a little more elegant for your game day get togethers?
Easy steps to make this Apple Elderflower Martini
- Pour vodka, apple juice and elderflower liqueur into a pitcher.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into 4 martini glasses and garnish with cucumber slices and mint leaves.
- Enjoy and contemplate making your next pitcher.
More Delicious Fall Cocktails for You to Enjoy:
This Chamomile and Pear Infused Vodka turns any cocktail into a fall cocktail!
Maple and bourbon are a match made in heaven in this Maple Manhattan.
A classic cocktail gets a fall twist in this Apple Maple Dark and Stormy.
Even more maple with one of the most popular cocktails on my blog, the Maple Old Fashioned.
Follow my Fall and Winter Cocktail Recipes Board on Pinterest for even more!
Apple Elderflower Martini
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 2 cups apple juice chilled
- 2 tablespoons elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs mint for garnish
- Combine the vodka, apple juice and elderflower liqueur in a pitcher.
- Add crushed ice and stir to chill.
- Strain into 4 martini glasses.
- Garnish with a cucumber slice and mint leaves.
The post was originally published in 2014 and has been updated for 2019.