Use your slow cooker to make a delicious apple pie sauce that you can spoon over ice cream to make this Apple Pie Ice Cream Sundae! It tastes just like apple pie à la mode.
Slow Cooker Fall Desserts!
The other day I found myself with some apples that I needed to use quickly. They had come from my CSA and they weren’t very pretty. Bruises and bug bites dotted the skin. But I knew I could peel them and cut off the bad parts. I noticed that I still had some vanilla ice cream in the freezer.
An apple pie topped with ice cream sounded great, but way too much work! Using a slow cooker to make an apple pie sauce that I could spoon over the ice cream was just the ticket!
The slow cooker does most of the work, your house smells amazing and you get the easiest fall dessert ever!
Ingredients in the Easy Apple Pie Sundae
- Apples – this is the time to use those bruised apples, the ones that you don’t want to eat straight out of hand!
- Pears – optional, but sometimes I like the flavor of the pears and apple together.
- Cinnamon stick – or ground cinnamon.
- Graham crackers – crumbled on top of your sundae, this really give it an apple pie feel!
- Vanilla ice cream – I’ve also used cinnamon ice cream, so good!
How to this Slow Cooker Apple Dessert:
It’s so easy to make this Apple Pie Ice Cream Sundae:
- Peel, core and chop your apples (can add pears if you’d like.)
- Add to Slow Cooker or Crockpot with cinnamon, salt and water and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to get desired consistency.
- Serve with graham crackers and ice cream in a cute bowl!
More Delicious Apple Desserts!
Apple Tarte Tatin – puff pastry makes this elegant dessert so easy!
Apple Clafoutis – it’s a cross between a custard and a cake and I love it! So easy too!
Apple Muffins with Oats – makes a great quick breakfast or an after school snack!
Apple Pie Panna Cotta – more apple pie goodness this time in a panna cotta!
Be sure and follow my Apple Recipes Board on Pinterest for even more!
Apple Pie Sundae
- 4 or 5 apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 pears if you have them, otherwise use more apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 graham crackers
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream for serving
- Place the apples and pears in a slow cooker. Nestle in the cinnamon stick, add a pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Smash with a potato masher or immersion blender until it gets the consistency that you like.
- Place the graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Spoon the ice cream into bowls, top with the warm apple sauce and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on top.
This was originally published in 2016 and has been updated for 2019.