This Apple Pie Ice Cream Sundae is made with slow cooked applesauce and tastes like apple pie à la mode. Makes a great after school snack!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on sidebar.
Apple Pie Flavors without all the Work!
The other day I found myself with some apples that I needed to use quickly. They had come from my CSA and they weren’t very pretty. Bruises and bug bites dotted the skin. But I knew I could peel them and cut off the bad parts. I noticed that I still had some vanilla ice cream in the freezer.
An apple pie sounded perfect, but I don’t do crusts and didn’t have any frozen crusts, and even with frozen crusts it sounded like more work than I wanted to do. I was busy editing photos and I needed an apple dessert that basically made itself. Enter Apple Pie Sundae.
Apple Pie Ice Cream Sundae
This is really nothing more than a slow cooker applesauce spooned over some vanilla ice cream and topped with crush graham crackers. So crazy easy and yet we both loved it. It tasted like an apple pie à la mode, without any of the work!
I also happened to have about 4 small pears that I needed to use so I peeled and diced them and included them with the apples. Technically this should be called apple pear pie sundae, but that doesn’t quite have the same ring, does it?
It’s so easy to make this Apple Pie Ice Cream Sundae:
- Peel, core and chop your apples (can add pears if you’d like.)
- Add to Slow Cooker or Crockpot with cinnamon, salt and water and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to get desired consistency.
- Serve with graham crackers and ice cream in a cute bowl!
If you love the idea of fruit topped ice cream – these Triple Raspberry Sundaes are so pretty!
Apple Pie Sundae
- 4 or 5 apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 pears if you have them, otherwise use more apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 graham crackers
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream for serving
- Place the apples and pears in a slow cooker. Nestle in the cinnamon stick, add a pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Smash with a potato masher or immersion blender until it gets the consistency that you like.
- Place the graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Spoon the ice cream into bowls, top with the warm apple sauce and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on top.
Looking for more apple recipes: