This arugula salad with balsamic strawberries and goat cheese is the perfect spring salad, though it's good all year round!
Perfectly bitter arugula with sweet and tart balsamic strawberries drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with tart goat cheese.
You are going to love this easy delicious salad! It whips up in no time and is the perfect blend of flavors.
The bitterness of the arugula pairs beautifully with the sweet strawberries and the tangy goat cheese!
Lucky for us, it turns out arugula is nutrient dense and high in fiber! Read all about it at What You Should Know About Arugula.
- Strawberries - I've also substituted peaches when they are in season.
- Balsamic Vinegar.
- Black Pepper - fresh ground!
- Arugula - any bitter green will work. Dandelion greens are also good. For a more mild flavor you could use baby spinach.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - try to find first expeller pressed for the best flavor.
Step by step instructions.
This salad hardly needs any instructions, it is so easy!
Wash and hull the strawberries. Depending on their size you may want to halve or quarter them.
Place the strawberries, the vinegar and fresh ground black pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
Add the arugula to the strawberries, sprinkle with salt and toss. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss again.
You can either crumble in the goat cheese now and toss or crumble it over the top right before serving. I like to crumble it on the top before serving, looks prettier that way and you can insure that everyone gets plenty of goat cheese!
Do you believe how easy this simple spring salad was? Ready in about 15 minutes and everyone ooh's and aah's over it! Only you need to know how easy it was.
Once you have this in your repertoire, you'll make it all strawberry season long. Don't worry if it's not your local strawberry season though, it's great in the middle of winter with those Florida strawberries that you find at the grocery store.
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Arugula Salad with Balsamic Strawberries and Goat Cheese
- Place the strawberries and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl. Do a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Toss and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the arugula to the bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Toss to combine and then drizzle with olive oil and toss gently again.
- Plate the salad and the crumble the goat cheese on top.