This Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry will become a family favorite! Make it even healthier with snow peas and edamame!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on side bar.
Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Classics are classics for a reason. Like peanut butter and jelly. Like Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry. Really. If you google Beef with Broccoli Stir Fry, it's searched for 60,500 times a month. Apparently I am not the only one who loves Beef with Broccoli.
Beef with Broccoli Stir Fry with Snow Peas and Edamame
Actually if you look closely at the photo, you'll notice that I should have called it Beef with Broccoli, Snow Peas and Edamame, but I was just too lazy to type all that in on my photo. The inspiration for this recipes comes from Ellie Krieger's Emerald Stir-fry with Beef in So Easy. The original recipe also called for asparagus, but I didn't have any and really it seemed plenty enough with the three veggies.
With just a little preparation, this stir fry comes together very quickly for an easy weeknight dinner. I love serving mine on white plates with chopsticks. We always love the opportunity to practice eating with them!
Beef with Broccoli and Snow Peas
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces flank steak thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch broccoli trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 cups edamame frozen, shelled
- 2 cups snow peas fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, orange juice, water, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cooked until just browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli, edamame, and snow peas. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for about 4 more minutes. Add the beef and the cornstarch/water mixture. Cook until it thickens slightly and the beef is warmed, about 2 minutes. Drizzle with the sesame oil and serve over rice.
Looking for more beef recipes: