Loaded with good for your veggies like broccoli and red bell peppers and a simple stir fry sauce, this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry can on the table in minutes!
Post may contain affiliate links., full disclosure on side bar.
Stir Fries are Great for Using Up Vegetables!
With my CSA in full swing, I am often looking for recipes to use as many vegetables as possible. I find myself typing in things like: sweet potatoes, swiss chard, red bell peppers in Eat Your Books. After typing in all sorts of combinations, a light bulb went off.
Why not just make a stir fry using some of them up? It’s quick and easy once you get past the preparation phase. Beef and broccoli is a pretty classic stir fry. All I needed to do was add a few more veggies to it, start some rice in the Rice Cooker and make up a simple stir fry sauce. Note – yes, I use a fairly expensive rice cooker. I bought it in 1994 when we adopted our daughters, and it’s still going strong!
For this stir fry, I needed to use up some red bell pepper and broccoli, in Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – I needed to use up broccoli and snow peas. In Spicy Shrimp and Brussels Sprouts, I was able to use up some Brussels Sprouts!
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry with Red Bell Peppers
Oyster sauce is a classic for Beef and Broccoli, but I didn’t have any! So, I used Hoisin Sauce instead. Hoisin sauce is so flavorful, it almost makes it own sauce, but I added a few more simple pantry and fridge ingredients to boost it a bit. Fresh grated ginger is one of my favorite things to add to any stir fry sauce. I keep ginger in the freezer and using a microplane, I just grate it frozen, so easy! I’m giving measurements for the veggies in this stir fry, but it’s pretty adaptable.
Some more broccoli recipes you might like:
Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cranberries – so delicious!
Everyone loves this easy Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad!
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound beef sirloin cut into bite size pieces
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 bunch of broccoli use the florets and keep stems for another use
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup of beef or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok over high heat. Add beef and stir fry, leaving it a little pink. Remove and place in bowl. Add more oil to wok and add broccoli, stir fry for about 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown in places. Add onions, garlic, and red bell pepper. Stir fry for about 2 more minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add beef back to wok. If wok is smoking, you might need to turn heat down to medium high. Add sauce ingredients and stir until everything is coated.
- Serve over rice.
Don’t forget you can sign up to receive an email when a new post goes live! The best part is you can check to receive all updates or just your favorite parts of the blog! Maybe you only like recipes or just want to see my adorable cats, I’ve got you covered!