This recipe is a prime example that you don’t need to have a whole lot going on to have a wonderful recipe. Just look at that taco. It is so simple and yet so good. If you have some gorgeous spring radishes coming up right now, look no further. I found this recipe in Everyday Food: Great Food Fast , but you can also find it online, Beef Tacos with Radish and Avocado Salsa.
I only had enough steak for the tacos, so the next day I ate the rest of this salsa with some tortilla chips. Awesome. I love the crisp slightly hot bite of the radish paired with the cool creaminess of the avocado. The lime juice adds freshness and the pickled jalapeno a bit of tartness and heat and the cilantro that familiar flavor that I love. This would be just as good over fish tacos or chicken tacos!
Beef Tacos with Radish and Avocado Salsa
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 6 radishes ends trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno peppers chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak cut crosswise into 3 pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas 6-inch
- 1 lime cut into wedges for garnish
- Heat a broiler with a rack about 4 inches from the heat and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine the avocado, radishes, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice and oil in a small bowl. Place plastic wrap touching the surface over it to prevent the avocado from browning.
- Place steak on aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Rub both sides with ground cumin and salat and pepper. Broil about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steak is broiling, wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes, or wrap in foil and warm in the lower third of the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Cut steak crosswise into 2 inch-wide pieces, thinly sliced on the diagonal. Place steak on the tortillas and top with salsa. Serve with a lime wedge.
- Serves 4