This Double Cranberry Cosmopolitan is amazing all year long, but especially pretty as a holiday cocktail! With fresh lime juice, cranberry juice, Cointreau, and vodka (I used my cranberry infused vodka!) this cosmo martini is a favorite!
The Perfect Cosmopolitan Recipe
What makes this the best cosmopolitan cocktail recipe?
In place of vodka, I've used my homemade cranberry liqueur! It gives you double cranberry flavor! Now, don't worry, you can still make this cocktail with regular vodka, but this is the perfect reason to get a bottle of homemade cranberry liqueur started!
The double cranberry makes it extra tart and tangy!
Ingredients for a Double Cranberry Cosmo Martini
- Cranberry Liqueur - I used my delicious cranberry liqueur. You can also just use vodka, though it won't be a double cranberry. Since there are so few ingredients, you want to use a quality vodka here, so the flavor can shine.
- Cranberry Juice - we prefer unsweetened, but you can try sweetened if you'd like.
- Cointreau - you want to use a good quality orange liqueur. You can also use homemade orange liqueur, I was out of mine, or that is what I would have used.
- Lime Juice - fresh squeezed. We squeeze a few at the beginning of the week for our cocktails. It is best used within 2-3 days and if you need to keep it longer, just freeze it!
How to Make a Cosmopolitan Cocktail
After you gather your ingredients, place ice in your martini glasses to chill them. Alternatively you can place them in the freezer, but after breaking one on the freezer, I now do the quick ice chill.
Fill your cocktail shaker about ¾ full of ice.
Add ½ an ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice to the shaker.
Add 1 ounce of cranberry juice to the cocktail shaker.
Add ½ ounce Cointreau to the shaker.
Pour in 1 ½ ounces cranberry liqueur or vodka to the shaker.
Put a lid on the shaker and shake for 30 seconds - you are chilling the cocktail and properly diluting it.
Dump the ice out of your chilled glass and strain the cocktail into the glass.
This Cosmo Martini is so good! They should come with a warning, they are so good and so easy to sip! We had to force ourselves to slow down.
Gorgeous in color, sweet and tart. Perfect for the holidays or any time you want a gorgeous and delicious cocktail.
More Martini Recipes
This Blackberry Martini is also gorgeous and filled with luscious blackberry flavor!
Another martini that tastes as amazing as it looks, you have to try this Blood Orange Martini.
With only 3 ingredients, this Easy Espresso Martini is a favorite at our house!
Vodka, Campari and Cherry Brandy make an East Wing Martini that is unique and delightful.
Double Cranberry Cosmopolitan
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- ½ oz Cointreau
- 1 ½ oz homemade cranberry liqueur or vodka
- lime slice for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add lime juice, cranberry juice, Cointreau, and homemade cranberry liqueur (or vodka) to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Update Notes: This was originally published in 2011 and has been updated for 2019.