What do you think of when you think of Bratwurst Sausage Recipes? Probably not Bratwurst Sausage Tacos, right? These Bratwurst Sausage and Pepper Tacos are a fusion recipe that really works!
Post may contain affiliate links.
Bratwurst Sausage Recipes
When I lived in St. Louis, my favorite event was Octoberfest. I ate my weight in Bratwurst Sausages and consumed buckets of beer. Good times. My favorite way to eat brats are grilled, but since winter made a last minute comeback, I needed a warm kitchen recipe.
Bratwurst Sausage and Pepper Tacos
This bratwurst recipe is so simple, it is going to be going on a regular rotation around the Sidewalk Shoes household. The first thing I did was do a quick pickle of the cabbage. Then bratwurst and peppers are roasted together. While the brats are roasting, you can whip up a quick sour cream sauce and heat up the tortillas. That’s it! I served it with a simple salad of mangoes and avocados and it was one of our favorite dinners this week!
I found this Brat and Pepper Tacos at Food & Wine. I changed things up a bit to include my quick pickled cabbage recipe. I sliced my cabbage by hand, but I would have gotten more even slices if I had used my Benriner Mandoline. By the way, the next day I combined the leftover mango and avocado salad with the pickled cabbage and it made a wonderful light lunch. In case you are wondering about the leftover bratwurst and peppers, there weren’t any!!
Bratwurst Sausage and Peppers Tacos
- 3/4 pound bratwurst sliced lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 1/3 inch slices
- 2 cubanelle peppers seeded, halved and then sliced
- 2 poblano chilies seeded, halved and then sliced
- 1 red bell pepper halved, seeded and then sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 8 corn tortillas warmed
Quick Pickled Red Cabbage
- 1/2 head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Quick Pickled Cabbage
- Place the sliced red cabbage into a bowl. In a lidded jar, combine the apple cider vinegar, honey and olive oil and shake to combine. Pour over the cabbage and toss to coat evenly. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On a baking sheet, combine the sausage and peppers with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the sausage and peppers are roasting, combine the sour cream and whole grain mustard in a small bowl.
- Spread some of the sour cream mixture on each tortilla. Top with the sausage and pepper mixture. Then top with the pickled cabbage.
In the mood for tacos, try these:
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Friday Favorites |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck