Use you bread machine to make the easiest pizza dough ever! Just add the ingredients and let the breadmaker do the work!
This is going to be your favorite way to make pizza dough, perfect for easy peasy pizza nights!
One of my favorite ways to use it is to make pizza dough! I've been making this pizza dough since my girls were little.
You just put all the ingredients in the bread machine and it does all the work. This recipe makes enough for 2 14-16 inch pizzas, so I freeze one ball of dough!
- Water - try to use filtered or measure out the water the day before and let it sit out to help evaporate the chemicals.
- Olive oil - I use the same extra virgin olive oil that I use for cooking.
- Bread flour - unbleached if you can.
- Salt - kosher or sea salt.
- Sugar - I use unbleached cane sugar, regular white sugar is fine.
- Yeast - bread machine or active dry yeast.
Step by step instructions.
Place the ingredients in the bread machine according to your breadmaker's instructions. In my case, I add all liquid ingredients, then the dry ingredients.
I added the water and olive oil, then the flour. I made small wells in the flour to hold the yeast, sugar and salt.
Set the bread machine to the dough cycle. In my case it is a 1 hour and 50 minutes cycle.
When your bread machine beeps at the end of the cycle, open up the machine and remove the bread pan from the machine.
Remove the dough and divide it into 2 even balls.
I like to put one dough ball in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for easy pizza nights.
The dough is ready to use now, however sometimes I like to let it rise overnight in the fridge to develop even more flavor (this is completely optional!)
If you let the dough overnight in the fridge take it out.
Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes, it will help make rolling it out a little easier.
Roll the dough out as thin as you'd like or use your favorite stretching technique.
You'll notice that I roll mine out on parchment paper. I have never mastered the art of skillfully sliding the pizza off the peel. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!
And that's it! You are ready to top and bake the pizza!
Use your favorite pizza toppings and techniques with this dough, or use one of my pizzas, like a classic Pizza Margherita.
I like to use fewer toppings and I bake my pizza on a stone in a hot 500 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes.
Click here to pin this now!
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- Place the ingredients in the bread machine in the order suggested by your manual.
- Set for the dough cycle.
- When the machine beeps, remove the dough and divide into two balls.
- Freeze, refrigerate or use immediately.