This Broiled Tilapia with Mustard Chive Sauce is delicious enough for company and easy enough for a weeknight! In about 20 minutes you can have perfectly broiled tilapia moist and flaky with a tangy yogurt and mustard chive sauce on the table!
I first made this recipe in 2012 and in typical food blogger fashion, I never made it again. Now, I am kicking myself for all the years I could have been making this!
My first take away from this recipe (which is from Giada’s Weeknights) is that broiling tilapia is so easy and so good.
It only takes about 6-8 minutes to broil tilapia and it comes out perfect. Moist and flaky.
You can even just drizzle it with olive oil, salt and pepper and top it with a slice of lemon and broil it. Serve it with the lemon slice squeezed (wait till you see how much juice you get out of a broiled slice) over it, so simple and delicious!
Or in the time it takes to broil the salmon you can stir together this amazing sauce and have a dinner fit for company!
Ingredients to Make this Tilapia Filets Recipe:
- Tilapia – we get these big bags of tilapia filets from Costco. Love them!
- Dijon Mustard.
- Yogurt – you want to use a full fat Greek yogurt if you can to keep it nice and creamy.
- Honey – I try to use local honey to support our bee keepers!
- Chives – if you don’t have chives, you can use parsley or thyme or just omit the fresh herbs.
- Lemon Juice – fresh squeezed. Do what I do and zest the lemon first (I store the jest in a jar in the freezer) so no part goes to waste!
How to Make This Broiled Tilapia with Mustard Chive Sauce
Preheat the broiler.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Brush or spray both sides of the tilapia with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and lay them on the baking sheet. Broil for about 6-8 minutes. Mine were about 8 inches from the broiler and they were done at 7 minutes.
While the fish is broiling, whisk together the yogurt, honey, mustard, lemon juice and chives and season with salt and pepper.
When the fish are done, serve them with the sauce!
It’s that easy!
Best Broiled Tilapia Recipe!
This has seriously become one of my favorite way to make tilapia. It’s so easy and so delicious! This should go in your regular weekday rotation, everyone loves it!
More Easy Tilapia Recipes:
Looking for an Asian spin, you have to try this miso glazed tilapia – such flavor!
A great way to use up lots of summer squash is this tilapia and squash salad. So healthy, light and delicious!
If you like it a little spicy, harissa roasted tilapia is a must try.
How about a one pan tilapia dinner with peas and potatoes! The pesto adds bright green flavor to this homey dish!
For even more be sure and follow my Fish and Seafood Recipes Board on Pinterest.
Broiled Tilapia with Mustard Chive Sauce
- cooking spray
- 4 tilapia filets
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup yogurt plain, full fat, Greek
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 14 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drizzle the tilapia with olive oil and salt and pepper both sides.
- Place tilapia on the tray and broil for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is broiling, in a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, mustard, lemon juice, chopped chives and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Serve the fish with the sauce.
This was originally published in 2012 and has been updated for 2019.