These Buttered Parsley Potatoes are a classic side dish for a reason! Buttery, easy and so delicious! They go with everything!
Do you have a go to side dish? The one that you make over and over again and it goes with anything.
Mine is these Buttered Parsley Potatoes. They are one of my favorite ways that my grandma made potatoes and I still love them.
You just cook some potatoes, toss them in butter and parsley, add a little salt and pepper and you have the most amazing potatoes. So easy!
They go with everything, making them an incredible versatile side dish.
Potatoes – I like to use small baby red potatoes. If your potatoes are larger, you can cut them half or quarters.
Butter – salted or unsalted will work here.
Parsley – fresh parsley, preferably organic. I’m trying growing my own since I use so much of it!
Salt and Pepper to taste. I like these a little salty, kind of like I like my popcorn.
Finely mince the parsley and melt the butter.
Wash the potatoes and peel off a little bit of the peel in the center. My grandmother always served them this way and that’s how I do it. It’s optional, and if you’re potatoes are big, you can quarter them or halve them.
Steam the potatoes. I prefer to steam my potatoes instead of boiling, they don’t get so waterlogged. Simply steam in a basket over about an inch of boiling water.
Small potatoes takes about 15 minutes to steam.
Expert Tip – test for doneness using a skewer, it doesn’t break apart the potatoes like a knife or fork can.
While potatoes are still warm, toss with butter and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I don’t know what I love more, how easy these are or how good they are!
They are light and fluffy on the inside and buttery on the outside. Perfect!
They are truly the simplest side dish, that everyone loves. Kids and adults all smile when I bring these to the table!
Serve these potatoes with:
More potato side dishes:
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Buttered Parsley Potatoes
- 2 lbs potatoes small, new
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley finely minced
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter and mince the parsley.
- Scrub the potatoes and cut in half or quarters if large. If small, you can optionally peel away a strip in the center.
- Bring one inch of water in a saucepan large enough to hold the potatoes to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes in a steamer basket, cover with a lid and steam for about 15 minutes. Check for doneness by using a skewer. They should be tender, but not falling apart.
- Remove the potatoes from the basket and toss with the butter and parsley. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.