Juicy, flavorful curried chicken gets a quick pan grilling and is topped with a homemade mango chutney in this easy weeknight dinner.
Chicken perfectly seasoned with soy sauce, lime juice, and curry powder topped with a mango, apricot and ginger chutney!
Easy chicken dinners are a thing around here - if you haven't tried my Herbs de Provence, you must!
In this easy Cooking Light recipe, you first make a homemade mango chutney. Don't worry, you can save even more time, by just using a store bought chutney, but making your own isn't that difficult.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are great for pan grilling, but if you like to fire up the regular grill, I have 9 Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes for all you grilling lovers out there!
After a quick marinade and an even quicker pan grilling, you have an amazing chicken dinner!
Mango chutney ingredients.
- Mango - can also use peaches, plums or nectarines.
- Apple juice.
- Dried apricots.
- Cider vinegar.
- Fresh ginger.
- Ground red pepper.
Curried chicken ingredients.
- Soy sauce.
- Lime juice - fresh squeezed.
- Curry powder - if you'd like to make your own this Homemade Curry Powder from Chili Pepper Madness sounds good!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Step by step instructions.
Make the chutney by combining all the chutney ingredients in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
While the chutney is cooking combine the soy sauce, lime juice and curry powder in a zip lock bag. Add the chicken and shake it to make sure the chicken is evenly coated and then let it rest in the fridge for 10 minutes, turning it over once.
Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until chicken reaches 165°F.
Let the chicken breasts rest for 10 minutes then serve with the chutney.
Serve with a lime wedge.
This is such an easy weeknight chicken dinner! It feels fancy, only you need to know how easy it was.
I've done this with peaches during peach season and it's so good!
Click Chicken Recipes to see even more easy chicken dinners!
Pan Grilled Curried Chicken with Mango Chutney
- 2 cups mango peeled, chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- ⅓ cup dried apricot diced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled, grated
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
Prepare the chutney.
- Combine the chutney ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Prepare the chicken.
- Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, curry powder and chicken in a zip lock bag. Shake it to make sure the chicken is coated. Marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium hight heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook about 5 minutes per side or until it reaches 165°F. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the chutney.