Semi-sweet chocolate and tart dried cherries are perfect together in this easy Chocolate-Cherry Biscotti. Post may contain affiliate links.
The problem with being a food blogger is that you have to put fresh new content out there. All the time. Fresh and new. So, what happens when you make something and you love it? It’s sad. My husband gazes at it sadly and longingly knowing that he’ll probably never see it again. It’s all about the fresh and new, people.
But today I am being a rebel. I first made these Chocolate-Cherry Biscotti back in June of 2007. Only then keeping track of the name must have been too difficult because I called them Cherry Chocolate Biscotti. Eh. Cherry Chocolate. Chocolate Cherry. Potato. Pototo. It’s all the same.
What I love about these biscotti, is one: they are from Cooking Light – Chocolate-Cherry Biscotti, and two: they have a little bit of whole wheat flour in them. I’m not really a whole wheat type of person, but it works so well in these. Giving them a little bit of earthiness. They are the perfect crumbly texture and dipped into coffee – divine!
Funny note – about 15 years ago, I took some biscotti to my bowling team’s banquet. This was before biscotti was a household word known by most. They thought that I had made the most horrible dry cake known to mankind. Needless to say, I took practically all of it back home. What was I thinking – bowling and biscotti!!!?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil I used coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray - I used parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spoon the flours into a measuring cup and level it off. Place the flours and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Beat the sugar and eggs at high speed for about 4 minutes. Add the vegetable oil and extracts and beat until combined. Slowly add the flour with the mixer at low speed. Beat until it's just combined. Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and place each half on a sprayed (or parchment paper lined) baking sheet. Pat into two 10-inch by 2-inch logs that are about 1-inch thick. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325.
- Allow the biscotti to cool for 10 minutes and then slice on a diagonal into about 1/2-inch slices. Place them back on the baking sheet cut side down and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the over and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Foodie Friday |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck