This cilantro lime salsa is fresh, tangy, and the perfect go-to salsa! I love it on everything from beans to tacos, to grain bowls!
A confirmed cilantro lover here and if you are too, I have the perfect salsa for you!
When you think of salsa, I'm sure most of you think of tomatoes. However, this cilantro salsa will make you change your mind about that!
Made with fresh cilantro, jalapeño peppers, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil. It brightens up the flavor of everything! Today I am using it on some Instant Pot Black Beans.
- Cilantro - you could also sub your favorite herb.
- Garlic cloves - I use two cloves, you can use less or more depending on your love of garlic.
- Jalapeño pepper - leave the seeds in if you want it hotter.
- Extra virgin olive oil - use a good variety here to add even more fruity flavor.
- Fresh lime juice - freshly squeezed, not from a container. If you bought organic be sure and freeze the zest!
- Salt and pepper - to taste.
I like to use my mini food processor for this (that comes with an immersion blender) however you can use a blender or finely chop everything by hand.
Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Peel and lightly smash the garlic.
Stem and seed (or leave them in for hotter salsa) and roughly chop the jalapeño pepper.
Juice the lime. I used one lime to get the 2 tablespoons of lime juice needed.
Add the cilantro, garlic cloves, jalapeño pepper, olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and pepper, olive oil, and lime juice to the processor.
Process until it's desired consistency. You may add a little more olive oil if you want it smoother.
This is the most used salsa in my house! I always keep what I need on hand to make it because it is so versatile!
Some ideas for using cilantro salsa:
- tacos, burritos, quesadillas
- spoon it on top of soups
- on a bowl of beans
- drizzle over steamed veggies and toss
- use on grilled meats
- sandwiches and wraps
- spoon over fish
- stir into yogurt or sour cream for an easy dip
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cilantro Lime Salsa
- 1 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and lightly smashed
- 1 jalapeño pepper stemmed, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cilantro, garlic, jalapeño and extra virgin olive oil in a mini food processor or blender.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Stir in lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe was originally published in 2009 and has been updated for 2023.