Have your after dinner coffee, dessert and aperitif in one with these delicious Coffee & Chocolate Espresso Shots! Post may contain affiliate links.
Coffee Chocolate Espresso Shots – Perfect!!
I love multi-taskers, don’t you? Finding a food multi-tasker is a little tricky. Let’s talk about dessert. What do you want in a dessert? Me? Usually chocolate. If I have chocolate, then I want coffee too. So, chocolate and coffee. Oh, and maybe an aperitif. So, chocolate, coffee, and and aperitif. That’s not asking for too much.
What if I told you that I found a dessert that was all three? All three rolled up into one amazing little dessert. You’d be impressed. And, what if I told you it was incredibly easy? What if I told you that guests would be licking their little shot glasses clean?!
Well, here you go. Chocolate and Coffee Espresso Shots that I found in Donna Hay’s Entertaining. These are so easy and so seriously good! They call for either chocolate or coffee liqueur – I used my homemade coffee liqueur, though I could have also used my homemade chocolate liqueur. I am sure it’s equally good with either chocolate or coffee liqueur, I encourage you to make it both ways and see which your prefer. A sort of science experiment. Believe me, when you see how easy this is, it will become your go-to dessert, especially for parties, since it’s an easy make ahead dessert.
- 4 tablespoons coffee beans
- 3/4 cup cream (single or pouring)
- 2 1/4 oz dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coffee or chocolate liqueur
- Place the coffee beans and cream in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and then allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it steep for 20 minutes. Strain. (I nicked the coffee beans just a bit in my grinder to help with infusion).
- Return the cream to the pan and add the chocolate. Stir until it dissolves. Stir in the liqueur. Pour the mixture into 6 shot glasses and refrigerate until set. Serve as an after dinner shot or a summer afternoon cooler.