Sweet, salty, and oh so addictive, everyone loves this Cookies and Cream Popcorn. White chocolate, popcorn and Oreo cookies are all you need to make this easy delicious snack.
Oreo Cookie Recipes
Did you know that Oreo cookies were invented in 1912? Finally something that’s been around longer than me! They were invented to copy the Hydrox cookie. I remember Hydrox cookies, I always thought they were imitations of Oreos. Obviously Oreo Cookies won that game.
With their balance of chocolate to cream, Oreos make a fun, easy ingredient in recipes, like this amazing Cookies and Cream Popcorn. We also love them in Cookies and Cream Blondies!
Ingredients for Oreo Popcorn
- Popcorn – try to look for Organic non GMO popcorn if you can.
- White Chocolate – When looking for white chocolate for melting, you want to look for a white chocolate with cocoa butter, like this Ghirardelli White Chocolate bar. Some white chocolate baking chips are actually labeled white baking chips because they are not at least 20% cocoa butter.
- Oreo Cookies
How to Make Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Start with 1/4 cup of unpopped popcorn and pop it your favorite way. You can use an air popper, microwave or stovetop. Place in a large bowl.
Coarsely crush or crumble 12 Oreo Cookies. The easiest way is to place them in a ziploc bag and bang on them a few times with a rolling pin. You want them crumbled up, but not completely crushed. Add to bowl with the popcorn and lightly toss to combine.
Melt the white chocolate. We use the microwave method – First dice your chocolate into small bits (about 1/2 inch in size or smaller) and place in a microwave safe bowl. Set your microwave power to 50%. Microwave the white chocolate for 30 seconds, remove and stir. Continue microwaving at 30 second intervals until most of the white chocolate has melted. Give it a final stir to melt the few remaining pieces.
Pour the melted white chocolate over the popcorn cookie mixture and toss to combine. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the popcorn. Let it sit until the chocolate sets – you can put it in the fridge to speed this up.
Break up any clumps and stir in an airtight jar.
More Popcorn Recipes you might like:
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Buy enough ingredients to make this several times. You'll want to!
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels popped
- 12 oreo cookies coarsely crushed
- 6 ounces white chocolate melted
Pop 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels using your favorite method and add to a big bowl.
Coarsely crush 12 Oreo cookies - placing them in ziploc bag and hitting them a few times with a rolling pin works great.
Add the cookies to the popcorn and toss lightly.
Chop the white chocolate into smaller pieces (about 1/2 inch) and place in a microwave safe bowl.
Turn microwave power to 50% and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until most of the pieces are melted. Stir until all the pieces melt.
Pour white chocolate over cookie popcorn mixture and toss to combine.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture out. Let sit until the chocolate is set. Tip - you can put it in the fridge to get it to set faster.
Break any large clumps and enjoy!
- Popcorn - try to look for Organic non GMO popcorn if you can.
- White Chocolate - When looking for white chocolate for melting, you want to look for a white chocolate with cocoa butter, like this Ghirardelli White Chocolate bar. Some white chocolate baking chips are actually labeled white baking chips because they are not at least 20% cocoa butter.