Looking for a Breakfast Pizza? A Pizza with Egg? Then look no further! This Croque Madame Pizza is a delicious flatbread pizza with it's two kinds of cheese, pancetta and runny egg yolk is sure to become your favorite!
To make this easy flatbread pizza you'll need: cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese, sour cream, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, flatbreads, pancetta and eggs.
You guys, I have fallen in love with flatbread pizzas! While I love a traditional pizza made with the traditional dough, I can't deny the allure of the ease of flatbread pizzas. They are perfect for impromptu pizzas made with whatever ingredients you can find your fridge.
There are all kinds of flatbreads that you can use. I typically grab naan bread, which conveniently usually comes in packages of two. There are also packages just labeled flatbreads. Either will work. I've even used pitas for a quick pizza.
Breakfast Pizza or Lunch or Dinner!
Anyone else love pizza for breakfast? Remember in college, when you would wake up and grab some leftover pizza out of the fridge for breakfast? So good, right? Or maybe you still do that - no judgement here.
But what if instead of eating cold, leftover pizza (again, no judgements allowed on this blog,) you could have a warm, crispy, cheesy, pizza, oozing with a runny egg yolk? I think the choice is obvious, don't you.
Naan Pizza in Under 30 Minutes
I found this recipe in a 2015 issue of Donna Hay magazine. It is definitely my most favorite flatbread pizza recipe!! I mean just look at it! Plus it can be on the table in under 30 minutes!
Seriously easy and seriously amazing. I know you were hoping for runny yolk money shot, but I knew that once I had that gorgeous golden yolk oozing all over my pizza, I wasn't stopping for photos. So, you'll just have to imagine it. It was divine!
How long to cook an egg on pizza is kind of up to you. I did mine for about 18 minutes and it was perfectly runny for the pizza. You could go slightly longer or slightly less depending on how runny you want your yolk.
Looking for more Flatbread Pizza Recipes
Croque Madame Pizza
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 6 small flatbreads
- 12 slices flat pancetta
- 12 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheddar, gruyere, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place the flatbreads on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Spread the cheese mixture on each of the flatbreads. Top each flatbread with 2 slices of pancetta. Cup the pancetta a bit to hold the eggs. Crack an egg into each pancetta cup.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the egg is just cooked. Watch the time, I did about 18 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slice to serve.
This post was originally published in 2016 and has been updated for 2019.