With only 3 ingredients this Espresso Martini Recipe is so easy! I used a homemade coffee liqueur, but any coffee liqueur, like Kahlua will work. It is a coffee, cocktail and dessert all in one!
After dinner cocktails
I love eating out in fancy restaurants. One of my favorite parts is the after dinner coffee. I am also partial to after dinner drinks.
So, when I saw this Espresso Martini recipe from Sweet Paul, I knew that I would be making it soon.
Very soon. Like that same day soon! 3 ingredients are all that come between you and this amazingly easy 3 ingredient coffee martini.
All you need for this easy vodka martini is 3 ingredients!
- Vodka - Use your favorite vodka. We usually try and buy local to support our local distillers.
- Espresso - We don't have an espresso maker so to keep it super easy, I usually use a Keurig cup and make the smallest amount you can. You can also just brew a really strong coffee.
- Coffee Liqueur - I used my Homemade Coffee Liqueur, which is so easy to make and so delicious. However, you can definitely use Kahlua or your favorite brand of coffee liqueur.
We remembered our bottle of Whisper Creek Tennessee Sipping Cream Whiskey! We are planning a Tennessee Whiskey Trail vacation, and wanted to try a few of our options before we hit the road. What goes better in coffee drinks than a little cream??
It was the perfect optional addition! It turns your martini into more of a coffee and cream martini. I love the Tennessee Sipping Cream and have lots of cocktail ideas running through my head!
You're going to love how easy this coffee cocktail is!
- Add 2 ounces vodka to a cocktail shaker.
- Add 1 ounce of coffee liqueur to the shaker.
- Add 1 ounce of espresso to the shaker.
- Fill the shaker about ½ to ¾ full of ice and shake for 15-30 seconds. You shake to chill and properly dilute the cocktail. The longer you shake the more diluted the cocktail will become.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a few coffee beans.
This cocktail is so good. It's definitely one of the easiest I've made and definitely one of the most delicious ones! Everyone loves this cocktail! It's great for serving at the end of dinner party or cocktail party.
More Coffee Cocktails
Irish Coffee - Irish whiskey, coffee, sugar, coffee and whipping cream.
Boozy Vietnamese Iced Coffee - coffee, coffee liqueur and sweetened condensed milk.
Easy Chocolate Coffee Dessert Shots - coffee beans, cream, chocolate, coffee or chocolate liqueur.
Affogato with Coffee Liqueur - espresso, coffee liqueur, vanilla ice cream and dark chocolate.
Easy Espresso Martini Recipe
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce espresso
- coffee beans for garnish
- Add vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill cocktail shaker ½ full with ice. Shake for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with espresso beans.
This post was originally published in 2016 and has been updated for 2020.