This Honey Glazed Salmon with Zucchini and Bulgur Pilaf is a healthy and delicious dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes!
Post may contain affiliate links, full disclosure on sidebar.
Healthy Bulgur Pilaf
The original title of this Cooking Light recipe is Honey-Dijon Salmon with Flash-Cooked Zucchini. That's quite a mouthful and it doesn't even mention the bulgur pilaf that it recommends serving it with.
I shortened it a bit, got right to the point with Honey Glazed Salmon with Zucchini and Bulgur Pilaf. I always try to have a take away with every recipe that I try. Something I want to remember next time, or use in the future maybe modified a bit. For this recipe it was the idea of a bulgur pilaf. I forget how easy a pilaf is to make and how it pulls the protein and the veggies together so nicely.
Honey Glazed Salmon with Zucchini and Bulgur Pilaf
Normally I'm not a fan of recipes that use more than two pans. I despise doing dishes and pots are the worst. However, one pan is a baking sheet that you line with foil, so that really doesn't count.
Unless your one of those people that washes the sheet pan even if there is no sign that anything even touched it (my husband is one of those people, I am definitely not.) I flash cooked the zucchini in my cast iron skillet and it was just a mere wipe out with a paper towel. So, not too bad.
This was a lovely, simple and healthy dinner. It was a great use for all the zucchini I am getting from my CSA. I loved the bulgur pilaf and will be using it more often!
If you love salmon as much as I do, you might like some of these other favorite salmon recipes: Salmon with Ginger Quinoa, Steamed Salmon with Lemongrass Pilaf (one pan!) and Edamame Brown Rice Bowl with Salmon.
Glazed Salmon with Zucchini and Bulgur Pilaf
Salmon and Zucchini
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- cooking spray
- 4 6-oz salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare the bulgur: Bring 1 1/4 cups water, bulgur and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover and let simmer for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients.
- While the bulgur is simmering, prepare the salmon.
- Place a foil lined baking sheet in the oven as you preheat the broiler.
- Combine honey, mustard, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds or until you can easily incorporate the honey. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Carefully remove baking pan from oven. Spray foil with cooking spray and place salmon skin side down. Broil for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and brush on the remaining honey mixture. Broil for 2 more minutes. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add 1/2 the shallots and cook for about 1 minute, add 1/2 the zucchini and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring. Remove and place in a bowl. Repeat with the remaining zucchini. Add to bowl along with cilantro and season with salt and pepper.