These honey orange roasted carrots are the perfect side dish! Sweet and tangy and ready in under 30 minutes! Perfectly roasted carrots are made even sweeter with the honey and the orange adds just the right amount of zip!
Ah, the lowly carrot. It never really trends big in foods, it just keeps plugging along.
I think it's time we stop and give carrots the spotlight that they deserve. Instead of roasting your usual potatoes, try these scrumptious sweet roasted carrots. Even better serve them both! They go with everything from chicken, to beef to fish!
Ingredients to Make Honey Orange Carrots
- Thyme - fresh is great, though you can substitute dry.
- Honey - I use a local honey to support our beekeepers!
- Orange - since you are roasting the slices with the peel, try to find organic. If you can't, scrub the peel really well.
- Olive oil.
- Carrots - I used regular orange carrots, rainbow carrots would be gorgeous!
How to Make these Oven Glazed Carrots
Preheat the oven to 450. You want a hot oven to get all that flavorful caramelization.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This is optional, but when using a sweet ingredient like honey, it makes clean up so much easier! If you don't use parchment paper, be sure and brush the sheet well with olive oil.
Peel and cut carrots into large chunks. I left mine about 2 to 3 inches. Place the carrots and garlic cloves on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, honey and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Cut the orange in half and then slice into half moon shapes. Nestle them in among the carrots, turning them so that they get coated in the oil. Sprinkle with the dried thyme or arrange the thyme sprigs.
Roast for 20 - 25 minutes. You can shake the pan about half way through if you'd like, though I usually don't bother.
These carrots are amazing. This is my kind of recipe, so little work and so much reward! The carrots are tender, perfectly caramelized, sweet and tangy.
Using the parchment paper makes clean up a breeze.
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
If you want to turn roasted vegetables into a meal, this Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Pasta is so easy and ready in under 30 minutes!
With similar flavors, this Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetables gets a lovely tang from the goat cheese!
If you love it spicy, this Roasted Squash Recipe gets it's tempting heat from harissa paste!
Honey Orange Roasted Carrots
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place carrots, garlic and thyme on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Nestle in the orange slices.
- Baked for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender.