Instant Pot Risotto or Pressure Cooker Risotto is going to become your favorite way to make risotto! You can start with this easy and delicious Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto.
Post may contain affiliate links.
Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Risotto
I have decided to include pressure cooker when talking about Instant Pot recipes. I realize that some of you may not have an Instant Pot and you are using some other kind of pressure cooker. I've cooked with pressure cookers for ages, and while I liked them, I didn't love them. That all changed with an electric pressure cooker!
Instant Pot Risotto
I knew that I wanted to try an Instant Pot Risotto and when I found Shrimp Risotto in my favorite Pressure Cooker Cookbook, The Great Big Pressure Cooker Cookbook, I marked it to try. I love the days that I use my Instant Pot, once everything is in there and the timer is set, I can walk away. I don't have to watch it!
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto
This Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto was everything I had hoped it would be. It was rich and creamy with plenty of flavor. The best part, no standing over the stove stirring!
Once you try this Shrimp Risotto, you'll want to make other Instant Pot Risottos - this Mushroom Barley Risotto is on regular rotation around our house!
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- Melt the butter in a 6 quart pressure cooker set to the saute function. Add the onion and the roasted pepper and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened - about 4 minutes. Stir in the oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and continue cooking for about a minute.
- Add the rice and stir for about a minute. Pour in the sherry and stir until it's absorbed. Add the broth and clam juice, stir.
- Lock the lid on the pot and set to vent to sealing. Set the machine to cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Use the quick-release method to bring the pot back to normal pressure.
- Remove the lid and set the pressure cooker back on saute. Add the shrimp and stir until the shrimp is cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese. Turn off the heat and let sit for a minute or two.
Other Instant Pot Recipes you may like:
This week I am linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday |
Lou Lou Girls |
| The Scoop
The Hearth and Soul |
The SITS Girls |
Full Plate Thursday |
Thursday Favorite Things |
Friday Favorites |
Country Cook Weekend Potluck