The Instant Pot makes a healthy breakfast so easy, like these Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats with Maple Syrup.
This warm and creamy pressure cooker oatmeal is just what you need to start your day!
If you are looking for healthy, yet comforting and delicious breakfast, you have come to the right place!
Use your Instant Pot (or any other pressure cooker) to make this rich and creamy oatmeal!
Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and currants (or raisins) it is the breakfast you can feel good about!
- Butter - I try to use organic, grass fed cows butter, but use whatever butter you have! It doesn't need much to add richness and creaminess.
- Steel cut oats - these are not rolled oats, they still have their shape and are much more grainlike.
- Dried fruit - raisins or currants go well with this. You could also use diced apple or pear.
- Maple syrup - gives it that yummy sweetness.
- Salt - just a pinch makes everything taste brighter.
Step by Step Instructions.
We are going to use the sauté function of the Instant Pot to give the oats an even nuttier flavor.
Turn on the sauté function and add the butter. When the butter has melted, stir in the oats, fruit, maple syrup and salt. Stir until the oats are toasted and are starting to become fragrant - about 3 minutes.
Add the water and stir. Lock the lid in place and set the valve to sealing.
Set the pressure to high and the time to 10 minutes. When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes then do a quick pressure release.
I like to slowly open the valve a bit at a time when cooking grains. They can be a little foamy.
Uncover the pot and serve with milk, additional maple syrup or nuts if you'd like.
Oh my these Instant Pot oats are delicious! Just look at the bowl of creamy goodness! Healthy, delicious, filling - what more could you ask for!
I found this recipe in Dinner in an Instant - one of my favorite Instant Pot cookbooks! It's the perfect basic recipe and I modify it depending on what I am in the mood for!
For more healthy breakfasts, check out my roundup of 40 Healthy Instant Pot Breakfasts.
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats with Maple Syrup
- Turn the Instant Pot to the Saute function. Add the butter. When it's melted, stir in the oats, currants, syrup and salt. Stir until the oats are toasted about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 3 ¼ cups water. Lock on the lid and set the valve to sealing. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes. When finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a pressure release.
- Stir and then serve with additional butter or maple syrup if you wish.