An easy salad recipe using canned tuna and canned beans makes quick work of dinner!
With pantry staples and refrigerator staples, you can make this light and delicious main dish salad any time!
It's summertime and all I want is quick, easy, light and refreshing dinners.
This salad is all that and more! I have been making this salad for years after I found it in an old Donna Hay cookbook.
We love it for lunch or a light dinner.
Beans are such a great addition to a salad, they can turn almost any salad into a main dish salad, or they add flavor and heft to a side salad - we love them so much I have a round up of 26! Delicious Bean Recipes!
- Canned tuna - can also substitute canned salmon.
- Canned white beans - can substitute canned chickpeas.
- Parsley - sometimes I add some dill.
- Capers - can substitute kalamata olives.
- Lemon juice (fresh squeezed,) olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Baby spinach - baby arugula, baby kale or any of lettuce will work.
Step by step instructions.
Drain the tuna, rinse and drain the beans and add them to a medium bowl.
If the capers are salted, rinse them and add them to the bowl.
Chop the parsley, juice the lemon and add that to the bowl. Add the olive oil and salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Let it stand for about 5 minutes for the flavors to mingle.
Slice the cucumbers and arrange them and the spinach leaves on a plate. Top with the tuna bean salad.
This is so easy and so good! I like to serve it with crackers or a crusty sourdough bread and a glass of white wine.
It reminds me of the tuna salad I used to get at this cute little cafe.
More light salads!
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon, Tuna and White Bean Salad
- Place the tuna, white beans, parsley, capers, lemon juice, olive oil in a bowl and toss to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes to combine flavors.
- Arrange the sliced cucumbers and spinach on 4 plates. Divide the tuna salad among the plates.
This post was originally published in February 2013 and has been updated for 2022.