Sweet and spicy, crispy and delicious, this spicy mango coleslaw is the perfect way to up your coleslaw game!
Mangoes, cabbage, red bell peppers, green onions and jalapeño peppers make the most colorful and oh so yummy slaw!
If you're looking for the perfect summer (or all year really) slaw, here is the answer for you!
This gorgeous, just look at those colors, is so easy to make and it's everything you want in a slaw. Sweet from the mango and red bell peppers, spicy from the jalapeño, lots of flavorful crunch from the cabbage.
We are big fans of slaw around here, usually a no mayo version so we can serve it at barbecues - this Sweet and Tart Coleslaw Dressing is a great way to go no mayo. You could also use it on this slaw if you'd like!
- Jalapeño pepper - seeded or unseeded, depending on how much heat you'd like.
- Red bell pepper - or yellow or orange. Don't use green, it doesn't bring the same sweetness.
- Mango - if you bought more than one, try our Curried Chicken with Mango Chutney or our Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa.
- Green onion - I've also used shallots if I didn't have any green onions.
- Cabbage - can use purple or green. I had purple and it made it even more colorful.
- Rice Vinegar - this is a much subtler and softer vinegar. Can substitute a white wine vinegar.
Step by step instructions.
Thinly slice the green onions.
Seed (if you want) and finely dice the jalapeño pepper.
Dice the bell pepper and peel and dice the mango.
Thinly slice the cabbage, using the slicing disk on your food processor will make this easier.
Place all the fruit and vegetables in a bowl, drizzle with the vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
It doesn't get any easier than that!
Just look at the colors on this gorgeous coleslaw! People will literally ooh and aah when you bring it out to the table.
You know how they say "eat the rainbow" well this is the rainbow all in one bowl!
I make this all summer (and winter) long. It's the perfect accompaniment to grilled foods. Crisp, sweet, tangy, spicy, it checks off all the boxes!
More slaw recipes for you to try.
**As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spicy Mango Coleslaw
- ¼ cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 4 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño finely diced, seeded or not
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- Add the cabbage, mango, green onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with the vinegar. Taste and adjust the seasonings.